Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Iam new here and I just need some help with my aftermarket led tail lights for my 02 Escalade.The problem I am having is that when I press my brake at the same time as I am using my blinker the blinker does not work but when I am not using my brake, the blinker works.Followed the instructions and installed wiring harness provided with led taillights to existing one for the escalade.The brand of tail lights I have is called Eurostar.So if someone can let me know what to do to correct this problem that would be great.

Thank You

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
HVCONE, I have the same problem with my LED's on my '04, same manufacturer also. To be more specific this happens only when the lights are on at night, during the daylight hours everything is fine. I e-mailed the seller on e-bay, to which his response was "take it to a shop and check the cars wiring". What a joke, the original lights worked perfectly why would it be the trucks issue, besides that I have been a professional mechanic on aircraft and cars for over 25 years. I tried to get them to notify the manufacturer and ask them, but all they did was send me a return slip for UPS. I really like the lights and would just like to get them working correctly, I guess I will try to e-mail Eurostar directly, I better brush up on my Japanese, or maybe French?????!!!! If you find a cure please let me know,
Thanks, j/c guy

·
Registered
Escalade
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J/C Guy,
I fell your pain what they told me the person I bought it from was to reverse the wiring for the blinker light on the led tailights itself from when you step on the brake so it turns it on when you brake.Haven't tried it yet but I really think they don't know what they are talking about.But I am still trying to find the solution for this problem but when I do I will post it and if you can find a solution let me know too.

Thank you,
2caddy23

·
Registered
Escalade
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks hcvone,
The only thing is how do I install it and to where on the tailight wiring housing or the wiring harness coming off of the vehicle?
Thanks for the good information.
Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I believe they come with instructions where to install them, or at least some do, remember reading about problems with LED's on the GM Truck Forum, that is where I got the info

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
I got a fix, but I don't know if it'll work for the '02.

The problem is with the design of the tails. If you look at the factory tails, there are two bulbs (minus the back up light and the little side marker)

Of these two bulbs, they both light up for tail/parking lights, and then only one lights up for brakes and the other lights up for blinkers.

With these aftermarket LED's, the LED's aren't separated like that. The LED's can only accept two inputs at a time, and when you have tail lights, brake lights and blinkers all trying to light up at the same time, the blinkers get cancelled out, hence the 'hyper flash'. The load balancers will keep your turn signals from hyper flashing, but they aren't going to do anything to make your tails actually flash when you have brake lights and tail lights on at the same time.

For me, having an actual blinker is more important to me than the speed of my flash. So I took off the tails and opened them up, and it's a pretty simple design - three vertical LED circuit boards. I tested out the wires and isolated the outermost circuit board on each light, and dedicated it to being a blinker only. It also by the way took care of the hyperflashing. So now, the two inner most boards (those closest to the center of the vehicle) are for brakes and tail lights only. The outer most circuits are only for blinking. I think it looks pretty cool too.

If anyone is interested in more details, just let me know.

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
you should post a quick video for the members w/ leds.... showing how it should be blinking

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
79 Posts
I've had these tails sitting in my garage for like 2 years with the same problem. CEPMAN, i think those look awesome the way you set them up. Any more information on how to do it would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
Ok, this is how I did mine - keep in mind that mine are on tails for an '04. I don't know if the connections are different for any other year.

If you look at the tail light, there are three wire harnesses (all going into the wire loom that then goes under the vehicle) There is one for the reverse light (2 wires), one for the small side marker light (2 wires), and one for the LED portion (4 wires)

Step 1. Disconnect all of the wire harnesses

Step 2. Unscrew the four screws holding the 'cover' onto the back of the tail lights

Step 3. On the other side of that cover, cut the green/reddish-purple wire. This wire is for the blinkers, and is the same on each tail light. The green/white wire is for the tail lights/parking lights and the green/yellow wire is for the brakes.

*NOTE - if your wires are different colors from what I described, then you should stop and test your wires to make sure you know which wire is for which function.*

Step 4. Unscrew the outermost LED circuit board (if looking at the tail light assembly as it was installed on the vehicle, this would be the circuit board on towards the outside edge of he vehicle.

Step 5. Cut the green wire and the white wire from the circuit board. *Be sure to cut the WHITE wire so that you have enough room to connect another wire to it.

Step 6. Get a short length of wire and connect the white wire from the circuit board you just unscrewed to the green/reddish-purple wire you cut earlier. Be sure your connections are secure (crimp connectors or similar) and be sure to cover all exposed wires (electrical tape or crimp caps)

Step 7. Reassemble and repeat on the other tail light.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts