Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 STS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 sts and the key pad does not work, i replaced the battery in it and when i hit the buttons the lights blink and inside the car all the gauges turn over and then come back, i checked and the valet is off. also when i hit the lock and unlock button inside the car it doesnt work either... any ideas the power window buttons work fine and the mirrors, only the buttons on the drivers door work, none of the buttons on the other doors work also the interior lights dont come on either all the lights in the ceiling

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,014 Posts
"Key pad"......the RKE fob......the remote ??

Sounds like something has triggered some part of the theft system.

Use your key to unlock the car, get in, and start it. Sitting there, do all the CAR buttons and functions now work ?? (Don't mess with the key fob.)

Turn the car off and remove the key. Remove the battery from the fob and clean it and the contacts in the fob. Replace the battery and first try to open the fuel door. Did it work ? Close the fuel door and try the trunk. If that works, then try a car door lock/unlock.

If that doesn't work, or none of the above works, it's professional alarm or dealer installer time. Someone else may chime in, and you might get more help down in Cadillac Technical, Audio and Alarms section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts