Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll!!
i got a problem, it's not too serious, but it's big enough worth mentioning.
here's the thing, my 93 eldo has got a seat problem. it used to be once every couple of months, the seat-back just goes down on it's own as if someone took the button and pushed it. it didnt bother me back then, but now it does this like 5-7 times a week, and always at the bad times, like when i'm taking a high-speed corner or when i'm stopping on an off-ramp. now my question is why is it doing that, and how is it doing that. how can i fix this, and how much would it cost.

one more thing, i heard that the 4.9l engine in my car was held up by an airbag and that it needs replacing, cuz when i'm standing in drive idling, the engine shakes the car a lil. is this true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
artdowg said:
hey ya'll!!
i got a problem, it's not too serious, but it's big enough worth mentioning.
here's the thing, my 93 eldo has got a seat problem. it used to be once every couple of months, the seat-back just goes down on it's own as if someone took the button and pushed it. it didnt bother me back then, but now it does this like 5-7 times a week, and always at the bad times, like when i'm taking a high-speed corner or when i'm stopping on an off-ramp. now my question is why is it doing that, and how is it doing that. how can i fix this, and how much would it cost.

one more thing, i heard that the 4.9l engine in my car was held up by an airbag and that it needs replacing, cuz when i'm standing in drive idling, the engine shakes the car a lil. is this true.

My 97 eldo does this too but only when I use remote entry. Never while moving and then only 20 or 30% of the time. any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
keneldo said:
My 97 eldo does this too but only when I use remote entry. Never while moving and then only 20 or 30% of the time. any help appreciated.
Check the switch out, do you put anything where the switch is like a bottle or something like that.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Funny how these cars have little gnomes that roam around and do naughty things..... We had a discussion about this on NICO (90Q45)... he replaced the switch and everything was golden!

You might try spraying some WD40 or something like that in there......

About the shaking... Motor mounts...... The engine is held up by rubber mounts, and after 10 years they kick the bucket!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are RKE remote personalization features that can be programmed. Check for Remote Memory Recall in the owners manual. Usually happens when someone else drives the car and saves the memory setting on the drivers door, etc. With Remote Memory Recall off, none of the seat settings will change when you unlock the doors.

keneldo said:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts