Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, every now and then when I start my car, it has the starting sound, but then seems like it drops or is about to stall, and then it starts. I took it to cadilllac and they said that it is automatic start..to flick the key forward real quick...I have tried different ways...but still the car starts awkardly...the technician at cadillac heard it when i started it... they said there is nothing they can do... I am kinda disappointed, because the start just dosent feel clean all the time...most of the time yes, but every now and then it gets that bad start. Should I go back and bitch to them until they fix it or what should I do?? I dont want to be a bad guy in this situation, but I am quite sure that very few of the caddy's start like that. Need some advice!!!

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
How often does it happen? Maybe change the fuel filter? Happens to my van sometimes.

And it's not normal, go back to the dealer, tell'em to pull out a '06 CTS and start that up. It will not do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I was figuring its not right and not normal... So should I go back there and battle it with them?? Maybe its my starter??? I have no idea .... I have never had a problem like this. I'm not too happy about it though. How would I call a rep out here to take a look at it?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon said:
How often does it happen? Maybe change the fuel filter? Happens to my van sometimes.

And it's not normal, go back to the dealer, tell'em to pull out a '06 CTS and start that up. It will not do the same thing.
I would say it happens 1/5 times I start the car. Which I dont find to be good at all!!!! I can understand like 1/30 or something...but not this. I have a 2003 cadillac...so you think I should tell them to pull that out and do it... its not an everytime thing...but it is very occasional. DISTURBING when I start the car infront of someone and they have to hear a cappy start up.. bad rep for my car :(

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
jonnyd said:
Yea, I was figuring its not right and not normal... So should I go back there and battle it with them?? Maybe its my starter??? I have no idea .... I have never had a problem like this. I'm not too happy about it though. How would I call a rep out here to take a look at it?
They can summon a rep for you. If they drag their feet here's the Cadillac customer service e-mail address.
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
jonnyd said:
I would say it happens 1/5 times I start the car. Which I dont find to be good at all!!!! I can understand like 1/30 or something...but not this. I have a 2003 cadillac...so you think I should tell them to pull that out and do it... its not an everytime thing...but it is very occasional. DISTURBING when I start the car infront of someone and they have to hear a cappy start up.. bad rep for my car :(
Not normal at all. TAke it back, give'm hell. You bought a Caddy, not a Kia. My guess is that it could be the fuel filter or the fuel pump.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I would think if it were a fuel filter overall performance would suffer.
That's true... Could be the fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, i know right....im driving a f'in cadillac :)~ hahaha Fortunately I am not one of those people who will flip out over something like this. .. I just want to get to the bottom of this problem, have it fixed, and enjoy the ride. grrrrrrr, why does everything in this world have to be so complicated and people beat around the bush...they should find the problem and fix it!! If they can find that my clutch was sticking and that I need another rubber joint for my drive train..why cant they get this done and fix this...wouldnt u figure this would be easier???

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
I've also got an 03 CTS but have never had this problem so yeah, go give them hell. If you end up having to call in a rep, insist that they also replace the instrument cluster with one that doesnt have that annoying, inacurate clock in it. Let me know what the rep says if you do that.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DDS rollin a CTS said:
I've also got an 03 CTS but have never had this problem so yeah, go give them hell. If you end up having to call in a rep, insist that they also replace the instrument cluster with one that doesnt have that annoying, inacurate clock in it. Let me know what the rep says if you do that.

Hahahha...i dont know if I can get him to do that... is your car manual or auto?? I wonder if its just a difference in the transmission?? I never look at that clock really, it dosent bother me. But I will give it one more try with the dealership...if he says there is nothing they can do... I will have him sign a document stating that this guy said it if i have to get a rep involved. What do you think about that idea??

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
jonnyd said:
Hahahha...i dont know if I can get him to do that... is your car manual or auto?? I wonder if its just a difference in the transmission?? I never look at that clock really, it dosent bother me. But I will give it one more try with the dealership...if he says there is nothing they can do... I will have him sign a document stating that this guy said it if i have to get a rep involved. What do you think about that idea??
I've got an automatic trans. I think the second you mention calling a rep yourself you'll find the service guy to be a lot more accommodating.

As for the dash thing, the two different dealerships I talked to acknowledged that there was a problem with the clock but said there was no TSB from GM. The only advice they could provide was to remove the battery cables and touch the two ends together. They also insisted that if I swapped out the dash myself with a newer model, it wouldnt work. Oh well, off topic but I figured I'd try throwing that out there.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DDS rollin a CTS said:
I've got an automatic trans. I think the second you mention calling a rep yourself you'll find the service guy to be a lot more accommodating.

As for the dash thing, the two different dealerships I talked to acknowledged that there was a problem with the clock but said there was no TSB from GM. The only advice they could provide was to remove the battery cables and touch the two ends together. They also insisted that if I swapped out the dash myself with a newer model, it wouldnt work. Oh well, off topic but I figured I'd try throwing that out there.
I was actually just thinking about that as I was driving on my lunch break...tryin to change out the dash....there is sooooooo much to do just soooo little $$. IT SUCKS!!! hahahhaa. These are some more questions i will ask them when I go to take my car in again. try to get to the bottom of everything.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
jonnyd said:
Yea, i know right....im driving a f'in cadillac :)~ hahaha Fortunately I am not one of those people who will flip out over something like this. .. I just want to get to the bottom of this problem, have it fixed, and enjoy the ride. grrrrrrr, why does everything in this world have to be so complicated and people beat around the bush...they should find the problem and fix it!! If they can find that my clutch was sticking and that I need another rubber joint for my drive train..why cant they get this done and fix this...wouldnt u figure this would be easier???
There's seldomly a need to flip out. That doesn't mean, tho, that you let them push you around. All the sugestions here have been great. Threaten to call your local rep in a calm voice. Add that you'll pick up a new Lexus IS instead.
No need to get angry, a simple "No, thats not whats gonna happen". Someone who's very in control seems educated and smart, and a mess to deal with. Makes ya think twice. Fight, just don't fight. ;)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
There's seldomly a need to flip out. That doesn't mean, tho, that you let them push you around. All the sugestions here have been great. Threaten to call your local rep in a calm voice. Add that you'll pick up a new Lexus IS instead.
No need to get angry, a simple "No, thats not whats gonna happen". Someone who's very in control seems educated and smart, and a mess to deal with. Makes ya think twice. Fight, just don't fight. ;)

That is true.....smart idea!! Hahhahah the Lexus IS was actually a debate of mine...It was either the caddy or lexus...but I chose the caddy instead ;) more luxury. I will just take it out calmly....if he dosent like it than i can find my own ways to accomodate myself :thepan: hahahaha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts