Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2001 SLS
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 SLS was making noise in the front end, it sounded like I was running over a tin can. Also when I braked the car sounded like it was winding down, and a decent amount of steering wheel vibration. I took the car into my mechanic and had him check the cv joints and rest of the front end. He removed the drilled hole rotors the last owner had installed and replaced them and all the trouble I was having seems to be gone! Anyone ever have trouble with these type of rotors? My mechanic said they are not good for these type of cars.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
My mechanic said they are not good for these type of cars.
That's bull... The old rotors were simply old and warped. ANY pair of new rotors and pads would have solved your problem. Drilled and slotted rotors simply stay cooler longer so they don't get so hot that you loose your breaks as fast in hard braking conditions. If you ask me, they are better for these types of cars simply because of how much caddy's weigh.

·
Registered
Cadillac seville sts/ srx
27 Posts
That's bull... The old rotors were simply old and warped. ANY pair of new rotors and pads would have solved your problem. Drilled and slotted rotors simply stay cooler longer so they don't get so hot that you loose your breaks as fast in hard braking conditions. If you ask me, they are better for these types of cars simply because of how much caddy's weigh.

i agree! i got em on my sts world of difference!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts