Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm trying to remove the taillights to my 82 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham. I successfully removed the first plate surronding the taillights, the one that is removed with a star-screwdriver. The taillights are connected by two rusted out bolts that are hard to access. The best grip I can get on them is threw a pliar, but since its rusted out, I can't budge it at all.
Any suggestions of what I could use to get the bolts out. Or anyone know knowledge of removing the back bumber and getting the taillights from behind? Unfortunatly I could not get my digital camera working so I don't have any pics. However these are some old pics of my car. The peace that is circled in red is another piece of the bumper. If I could remove this I would have easier access to the nuts. Any help removing the taillights would be appreaciated.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2047000-2047999/2047560_16_full.jpg

Thanks,
Caddy89

·
Registered
204 Posts
are the taillights broken and your putting in new ones? if so the lights are screwed in by the top and bottom. Its 2 screws holding plastic from the lights. It takes nothing to break the plastic and then get the screws out. I had to do this to plenty of caddies since the screws rust out and dont move.

And for some reason I am not seeing any pics posted on this site today. I dont know if its the site or my cheap browser

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Get yourself a 7 millimetre 1/4" drive socket or nut driver. Unless someone has changed the nuts to something else they will come right out. Be carefull when putting the chrome trim rings back on. It's very easy to snap the plastic taillight housing where the clip nut is. Dumb design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts