Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been on this board since I go my 2013 XTS in March 2013. Except for a few hiccups at the beginning (had to reboot the CUE once) my Caddy has been as reliable as my trusty Colt .45 :gungrin: I've read all the complaints, gripes, etc., people are having and I feel so lucky. (knock on wood). I've had a few questions, etc., which I asked and got prompt answers from members of the board (thanks), but I wonder why everyone seems to have problems? I guess my car was build in the middle of the week., when the workers had gotten rid of the hangovers from the weekend and hadn't started partying on Friday. :tisk::tisk::stirpot::stirpot::hide:

·
Registered
30 Posts
To me, reading the other Cadillac car forums, the xts hasn't had as many problems. With that said, I love my '14 xts vsport. Only problem I've had was a bad right rear shock. Took it to bud Davis Cadillac here in Memphis. Gave me a loaner xts and had it fixed up like new. It really is a great car.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
Mine has been fine too. Best car I've ever owned. I'm glad I got the Premium all optioned out, except for the 20" wheels which I didn't want anyway.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
173 Posts
I'll add my satisfied experience to the list. I've had the fewest problems with my '13 XTS Platinum than I've had with any other new car. My '08 STS was loaded with issues the first couple of years (was on my 3rd heated steering wheel), and the final year, had what we presumed was a hub issue in high heat (Traction Control fault). I really enjoy my XTS, even tho I haven't had the slightly drooping headliner repaired (which would require window removal and possible scratches on black diamond paint: Nope!) and there are some buzzy seat speaker issues (very rare, and only with certain tones in concert piano music). Considering the complexity of this car, and the fact it is the first model year, I think the quality control has been great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I picked up a new 2014 xts platinum 3 months ago and put almost 5,000 miles on her already. Coming from an Acura RLX advanced, this car is an absolute dream to drive. Other than wind noise from an over sensitive Bluetooth Mike, it's the best car I have ever owned as well. I'm 44 and obviously commute so having a quiet comfortable car with all the driving aids is so nice. The car makes driving much more relaxing. Great when I'm with clients or others from the office. I think Cadillac did a great job with the interior styling.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
My 2014 xts vsport was delivered with the "lane assist" feature not working. That is, I'd push the "button" for lane assist warning to be on but it would never go on.

Took it in for a check, they had to order something from the factory. They installed it next week, but in the process cracked the trim around the cue panel. Ordered new trim and replaced next week.

Other than that, this car is a dream. No other problems.

·
Registered
2017 XTS, 2019 XT5
332 Posts
I am on a variety of forums. Cars, Audio Equipment, video equipment etc. People don't normally post when they are happy with their products. It's when they have problems or questions that they use the internet to get help and answers. That's why most forums are full of people complaining about their product. I agree that the Cadillac XTS is an amazing car. I've had a lot of issues with the CUE system which is loaded with bugs that Cadillac is not interested in fixing, at least on the 2013 model that I have. If it weren't for that I'd have no issues with the car.

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I forgot to add: When we got the car, I pared my IPhone 4S and have never had to re-pair it again. SMS and text? Who cares, its a telephone while driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts