Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OBD Port powers up all the readers I have (4 - including a bluetooth adapter w/ torque), but none of the 4 obd ii readers can connect with ECM! Is there any different fuses that would disable this feature?

I am trying to read a DTC code that has set recently, (i know what the code is and would like to clear it). What options do I have here?

Background of the car is a 2005 CTS-V with a Maggie and a tune.

P.S. Yes the key is in the ON position and engine OFF, I have tried all types of configs of key position to get the OBD II reader to connect to the ECM.

Help me here :)

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
In the underhood fuse box, there is a 10A fuse labeled DIM/ALDL that protects a single feed to the Data Link Connector.

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

I checked the DIM/ALDL fuse and it is all good, reseated it.
I checked the ECM fuse and it is all good, reseated it.

Any other ideas guys? Thanks Darkman.

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The scan tool will power up with the ignition OFF. Some modules however, will not communicate unless the ignition is ON and the
power mode master (PMM) module sends the appropriate power mode message.

Does anyone know what the power mode master module is ?

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The above was a quote from the troubleshooting.

Also another update. The car will read sensor readings and log data when it is running but will not connect to ecu to clear codes. Tried multiple readers...

Anything the tuner could have done? I will not be using the same tuner for other reasons but will eventually be having the car looked at by another tuner.

Any thought?

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are your readers CAN bus enabled?
I'm not 100% sure but with all four I'd assume one might be. Also I have used all four of these on my other cts-v I owned

I wish my Bluetooth adapter would work, nope.

Thanks darkman, that is a lot of information to go through. I would only imagine this could get nasty.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Supplement - Attached is the information on replacing the data link connector itself. Additionally, the critical ground involved is G200, which is located underneath/behind the driver's side kick pad. I would freshen that ground. Finally, since the car is running okay, the problems presumably lies between the data link connector and the information bus, since issues behind the bus would not allow the car to run.

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I will look into the G200 ground, behind kick panel eh? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 black with tan V
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE:

Have not freshened interior ground G200 yet, connected to the OBD II port finally with another Bluetooth Dongle from a friend. After multiple attempts with my Bluetooth Dongle it had never connected to this car but would connect to other cars with no settings change. Tried friends Bluetooth Dongle multiple times and it connects just fine.

I will check further into this ground next week when I change out the master cylinder.

Just a quick update that my car hates code readers, thats all. Thanks thus far Darkman.

·
Registered
2006 cadillac CTS-V
1 Posts
I know I'm kind of resurrecting a dead post here but my car was able to hook up to my snapon scanner before I did my starter I did my starter something arc'd and now I can't get it to hook up. Car runs and drives still i just cant hook up to diagnostics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts