Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I generally hate Hummers almost as much as I hate Priuses, but man, this really pisses me off. Man I hate radical enviromentalists, but I love how MSNBC used the phrase "smug satisfaction" in that article, somebody's been watching South Park.

To the owner, I guess I'd have it repaired and put back out. Or you could always buy a Prius and make an example out of that. But from the way it sounds, the owner of the H2 SUT was a pretty agreeable, laid back kinda guy.

I have to wonder if we're flying under "their" radar with our Cadillacs... I'd think so.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Goddamn hippies.... I hate people like this.

I wouldn't buy a hybrid if gas went to $10 a gallon, just to avoid having a single thing in common with the self-satisfied egomaniacs who drive Priuses (or is it Priii?).

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Some ass bag in a Prius tried to act like he was somebody on my way to work the other day. Sonofabitch was driving like he stole it. I thought to myself "so much for MPG, dipshit".

I see no difference between Prius and Hummer owners. They represent extremes. Prius owners are just more annoying.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
While I, too, think Hummers are plain silly, this is just wrong. The guy should get it fixed up and park it exactly where it is now, just to make a statement.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I immediately went looking on youtube for the episode of South Park where people like the smell of their own farts. :mad: For the invironment =

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Hahaha, we should organize a support rally for him, let's all hop in our Caddies and drive down there. Calling all Escalades and big blocks!

Brian

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Hummers don't bother me 6.0 (LQ9) 4L60E Tahoe Chasis, just heavy.
I don't see anyone bitching at 3/4 ton 1 ton gas trucks that do just as bad.
I guess those are a necessity to get work done.
Seeing that autos are about 15 to 20 percent of greenhouse gases, GM dosen't sell enough Hummers for it to really even matter.
I know there are some older Caddys on here that get right around 14 to 16 MPG and don't get emssions as clean as a new GM 6.0.
My WS6 passes the sniffer without cats.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
What I cannot understand is these enviro people so hate big & thirsty cars and trucks and are so bent on their mission, as to destroy anther person's property. The Hummer owner broke no laws and did nothing wrong, but the enviro people certainly did.
Now, if they are so friggen upset over a vehicle uising more gas and possibly sending out more polution than another vehicle might, WHY are the NOT concerned with the takeover of our American automobile industry by the Asian manufacturers? Several American makes have died (Plymouth, Oldsmobile) and GM Ford & Chryser are fighting for their lives, and IF they should go down....the blow to our economy, the job & career loss, the drain upon unemployment and the domino effect on our American corporations will be severe! They are taking over our #1 industry, transportation.
So, why aren't these idiots out smashing up Nissans & Kias and Toyopets, and Infiniti & Lexi and others. At least the man bought an American vehicle.

I would never ever purchase anything but a GM, Ford or Chrysler vehicle, as I support America and America's corporations and industrial base.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
At least the man bought an American vehicle.

I would never ever purchase anything but a GM, Ford or Chrysler vehicle, as I support America and America's corporations and industrial base.
I am with you on that one. The day I buy an import name plate car, new or used is the day you can lynch me.
I am not old enought to remeber Pearl Harbor or D-Day, but I was smart enough to read about it when I served in the Navy for 11 years.
You can take your import and shove it where the sun don't shine.
If you are driving an import sorry to offend, but if you are living here in America take some time out of your day to read up on WWII or any war we fought in for that matter, look at the sacrifices made and then take your import down to the local GM, Ford, or Mopar dealer and get a real car.

It sickens me when I see a support the troops sticker or American flag on an import. Good on ya if your really support those things. But my guess is If you supported the troops and America, you would have bought a domestic nameplate.

Sorry...Rant off.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
id just like to say i get a honest 60 mpg , make that a big hairy macho american big balled 60 mpg ....

on my harley .....

prius owners not only waste gas in my opion , but they got too many tires too ....many priuses only have one person inside ....hmm , thats pretty wasteful ...if they really wanted to help the enviroment they would buy something that seated one ....plus they were all stupid enough to belive the damn thing would get the milage on the window sticker .....pissed away money that coulda been spent on a car that is REALLY and HONESTLY efficent , a diesel ....

and at least i can get great milage without looseing my manhood ....

and i did it with something thats AMERICAN !!!

prius owners are by far some of the most shortsighted americans out there , there hurting the enviroment more then a 1 ton GM pickup ...at least the pickup can be recycled ....more then i can say for the priuses 100+lbs of toxic waste called a battery ....

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
The funny thing is that the worst MPG and rollover risks are not SUVs but 15-man vans. They suck gas like nobody's business and roll if you sneeze on the broad side. These people that target SUVs are not interested in the environment but are simpletons who are envious of someone with something better than them.

Priuses are more conspicous consumption than any SUV, they are very hard on the environment (The plant where they make Prius batteries is in the middle of a wasteland where nothing grows due to its pollution; and these batteries have to be disposed of) in reality, and their MPG numbers come from "playing" the EPA testing, in real driving the numbers diverge much more sharply than with other cars. Nobody buys a Prius because he really cares about the environment, they buy it because they think they'll save money on gas (doesn't happen, you'd have to drive 65,000 miles a year for 10 years before you saw returns and they batteries don't last that long) or, much more likely, because they want people to *think* they care about the environment. If I had the money to burn ($65,000)I'd buy a new diesel Benz that gets 800 miles on a tankful and burns clean, and gods knows diesel Benzes last for freaking ever. All in all the sad fact is that since the advent of the Catalytic converter, the difference between a very polluting vehicle and clean vehicle is small, the big difference comes when you step into a car versus not.

It gets even better, though, the biggest greanhouse gas is Co2, and anthropogenic Co2 is only something like 13% of all Co2. Eliminating all SUVs, or even all cars, wouldn't touch global warming. Eliminating man would hardly even dent it! Global warming is just a fact. They've found global warming on Mars. I'm sure it's the pollution caused by the odd handful of rovers we sent up there, because man is just the biggest woe to hit the universe, don't'cha know? :\

Edit: good point on the motorbike, Stoney... I worked at a dealership selling those things and I forgot about the friggin' MPG numbers. Nobody looks at a dude on a motorbike and thinks "There's somebody doing his part to reduce fuel consumption". Well, I do, but it's all about what people think, not what the truth is, which is why people reject diesels as "dirty" and don't give a fig about motorbikes, and think that an Abortion like the Prius is a good idea.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Re: RobertCTS, You better watch out.....

Typical childish response from braindead libs...did you expect anything less from a liberal?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
The only reason 95% of Prius owners own Priuses is because they make a statement. I wanna see the sales number of the Honda Civic & Accord Hybrid and the Ford Escape Hybrid and even the Camry Hybrid in comparison! I bet they aren't 15% of what the Priuses sales are! But they're still Hybrids and in effect, are very similiar, but people won't buy them because they don't symbolize what the Prius does.

F the Prius

Oh and buy the way, I'm never moving to Washington/Oregon. It seems like the enviromentalists have the stranglehold on the public. Give me the good old midwest, where big cars are loved and praised!

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V sedan
282 Posts

karma is a %*&$ though..

personally, i would get it fixed and put it right back where it was..

I hated bullies in grade school, i sure as hell wouldnt put up with them now..

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts

^ Sounds like someone got picked on lol jk...... Yea, hopefully the people who messed with the hummer get caught

1 - 20 of 78 Posts