Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Allante
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wcoates...I misplaced your email address but I wanted to thank you for the "priority start". I definitely needed one as every time I go to use the car after it has sat for a few days I have to "re-engage" the battery. You can hear the device cycle on when the battery level has dropped a bit. Take care and thanks for the great advice..

·
Registered
1989 Red Allante,
313 Posts
Moose glad it is working for you! Had one on both Allantes and one became available. Can get at most parts stores 50-60 bucks.

Chief the web site site below explains the Priority Start product. This certainly is not the answer instead of finding a electrical drain. But with all the potential drains on our cars, it sure works until the drain is found!

http://prioritystart.com/

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
186 Posts
Chief the web site site below explains the Priority Start product. This certainly is not the answer instead of finding a electrical drain. But with all the potential drains on our cars, it sure works until the drain is found
Thanks Bill...this product makes since for me since my car is mostly a 'garage queen!' There have been a few times where I've had to go for the jump start! :duh:

Chief

·
Registered
1988 Allante
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill: You're right about finding the drains...At this point I'm enjoying driving too much on the weekends. I'll tackle the issues in the fall. Moose

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bill...I got the 'Priority Start' in the mail yesterday, it was around $100 with shipping. The funny part is that when I went to start the car this morning, the battery was drained down and it wouldn't start! :cursin:

So I'll charge up the battery and install it tomorrow and I'll see how this works out in the future! Thanks again for the heads up!

Chief

·
Registered
186 Posts
I fully charged the battery and installed the Priority Start. Because of where the battery is located, the first time is not a charm, it's a little tricky to get it in there but it's doable. "So now we'll see how it's works!" :cool:

Chief

1 - 9 of 9 Posts