Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A major car mag says base price $75k, that can't possibly be the price for the entry level four banger could it?

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
A major car mag says base price $75k, that can't possibly be the price for the entry level four banger could it?
It could be but Im guessing that price is for the top of line model . Sort of like the 7 series BMW listing for 130K . In BMWs case divide the cylinder count by2 and the price drops to 60 something IIRC .

Many things in USA are valued because they are expensive,stating a high price spells quality and luxury .
Sort of off topic but its My opinion professional atheletes are paid huge sums of money because no one wants to see a ball player who's worth 60 grand a year .:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see they are now estimating $70k on the C&D website...still about $15k too expensive for the 4 cylinder/base

·
Registered
14 ATS4 Premium
66 Posts
My brother is a Cadillac dealer. When the dealers had a meeting with Johan, they were told 65-85k

·
Registered
2013 ATS AWD 2.0T
148 Posts
They need to undercut bmw/mercs offerings by at least 10k, don't make the same mistake that you did with ATS. Build the brand back up first slowly and attract new customers. I think it should start in the 60-65k range. I'll consider picking it up after my ATS lease is done if the price is right.

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
268 Posts
They need to undercut bmw/mercs offerings by at least 10k, don't make the same mistake that you did with ATS. Build the brand back up first slowly and attract new customers. I think it should start in the 60-65k range. I'll consider picking it up after my ATS lease is done if the price is right.
You are so right! If they price too aggressively, they'll be sitting on the lots too. They just don't seem to get that this class jump they want to make isn't going to happen quickly.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
The digital trends site shows the 7 starting at 81.3k, so 10 k less is still 70 and change.

You are so right! If they price too aggressively, they'll be sitting on the lots too. They just don't seem to get that this class jump they want to make isn't going to happen quickly.

·
Registered
2013 ATS AWD 2.0T
148 Posts
81.3 is the new price increased by 3k from last generation. I still think they need to set it around 60-65 to be competitive. People are always going to choose S-class,A8 or 7-series as their first choices.

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
852 Posts
If the base price is $75k, there's no way I'm getting this. At that price, I would be leaning heavily towards anA8. And I can only imagine what the LTS will cost as the next upscale model.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
The S Class starts at 94.4, the audi is the only one close to the price range everyone is quoting at 77. The complaint I keep hearing is that caddy raised its prices, so I'll cross shop to that other brand I looked at 3 years ago, but no one is considering that other brand raised its price too.
81.3 is the new price increased by 3k from last generation. I still think they need to set it around 60-65 to be competitive. People are always going to choose S-class,A8 or 7-series as their first choices.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
People are always going to choose S-class,A8 or 7-series as their first choices.
Always? Do you have a crystal ball?
Cadillac has come a long ways in the last 10+ years.
Don't be so quick to dismiss.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts