Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
none
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going out this weekend to hopefullyu lock up my new CTS. I have done a ton of reading on here and wanted to get some recent prices people have paid so I know how far I can push on price. Looking for an automatic CTS premium package.

Any recent price points you guys can share??

·
Registered
2009 CTS
34 Posts
Windy City Girl,

1) Check out Edmunds.com for information on what you want to buy and current offers.

2) Are you a Credit Union member? You may qualify for GM Supplier Pricing. https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-gmpop/initPop.do?program=cud

3) Do you have a GM Credit Card? - Check offers

4) Check GMBuyPower.com for availability of inventory near you - ask for quotes - get 3.

Buying a car is a crap shoot - end of month, dealers are looking to close sales - next month, who knows??

Good Luck, the CTS is a great car.

·
Registered
'08 CTS
91 Posts
Best bet is to get some sort of certificate, be it GMS or supplier. I believe GM employees are currently able to dole out 2 GMS (employee pricing) certificates per quarter to anyone. You should be able to find someone here or more likely on gminsidenews.com. You can then combine that with current incentives and anything else the dealer is willing to do. You can check incentives and build a vehicle at the GMS price at gmfamilyfirst.com

Assuming you're in Chicago as the name implies, here are my experiences with a few local dealers: I found Patrick Cadillac to be rather uninformed and to stick heavily to the old back and forth with the manager approach - very unpleasant to deal with, lots of games with trade in values, and nearly unresponsive after the sale. Naperville Cadillac is very nice but unwilling to discount below current incentives. Heritage Cadillac is also very nice and seems to be willing to give up some profit for volume, but I did not close a deal with them.

hope this helps

·
Registered
2009 CTS
34 Posts
If you use GM Employee Pricing there isn't any negotiation. You look the car up on the employee website and it gives you the pricing or the dealer should show you the invoice that shows employee pricing.

The other side of the equation is valuing your trade if you have one. don't let a dealer tell you he can only give you wholesale because it's an employee deal. The dealer is reimbursed by GM on an employee sale. Determine a fair value for your trade and stick with it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2010 CTS
17 Posts
the website shows a premium 09 cts at about 45k with employee pricing. you think i can negotiate lower than that without employee pricing? im a little inexperienced when it comes to buying cars and how it all works (why im asking questions here).

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Employee pricing is below dealer invoice. Chances of you getting a better deal are slim to none. Employee pricing is a GOOD deal.

Basically this is how price is structured

Employee Pricing
Dealer Invoice
Supplier Pricing
MSRP

The pricing of your trade in will be less. The dealer is obligated to charge you employee pricing (fixed on each invoice) but the trade in allowance is going to be based on market. I was able to get my CTS4 at invoice because I know the sales manager very well and they gave me fair market for my trade. But 2 other Cadi dealers would not sell at invoice, one was +$500 and the other was +$1,000 and both offered me 3000 less for my trade in. The dealer flipped my trade in about 3 wks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts