Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base, 1999 Deville D'Elegance
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input on pricing for a used '99 Deville (to buy). The used car guides like NADA, KBB and Edmunds are all over the place and I am having a tough time figuring out what I should be paying - where is the market really? I am looking at vehicles that have less than 35k on them. As an example, I've found one vehicle with about 32K and the seller is asking ~7500. Another example, a vehicle with around 25k and the seller is asking ~8400. Are these prices too high? What should I be paying for a car like this assuming they are in very good to excellent condition?

Thank you in advance!

Andrew

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
I purchased an 2002 Deville last November that had 39,000 miles on it for $8350. I would say that a 1999 (last year of that body style) would be worth ~$6,000-$6500 in today's market.

·
Registered
(formerly) 2001 Cadillac Deville (Current) 2007 DTS
40 Posts
I got my 01 Deville for $4,100 in Feb. I had to put about 500$ in it right away, but I think I'm still way below actual value on it. I am in Missouri, of course prices probly vary all over the place, and I admit I think I got a super good deal.

·
Registered
1998 Deville Base, 1999 Deville D'Elegance
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally found and bought one - picked up a '98 Deville with about 35k miles on it last week. Paid $5750.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
I finally found and bought one - picked up a '98 Deville with about 35k miles on it last week. Paid $5750.
That's more like it. Glad to see that you held out and got a low mileage one at a good price. If you haven't done it yet read the Sticky at the top of the Northstar section titled Everything You ever Wanted To Know About Cooling System Sealant Tabs then you need to change the coolant with Dexcool as soon as possible and add the seal tabs. Stay on top of changing the coolant every couple of years to try to avoid the dreaded Head Gasket Failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts