Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know what new 08' CTS buyers are paying and how much off of sticker. And please NO x,y,z plan stuff. That just distorts the real picture.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i heard for the 2008 cts you will pay sticker price for now.....maybe latter there will be some rebates.......the 2008 cts is hot right now........

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
It really depends on the area. I can tell you that most Florida Dealers are asking over sticker, but some will come down to sticker with a little prodding. It's all about how much demand there is versus supply.

I've always felt that "bump" stickers are highway robbery, and as such will NOT charge a customer over sticker. That being said, if you want to be the first in town to have a new car, most places will make you pay for it.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm selling them for below sticker.. a little above dealer invoice

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
And please NO x,y,z plan stuff.
That's Ford employee, retiree, and family pricing. GMS, GM supplier discount, and PEP are the GM terms. BTW, gmfamilyfirst.com doesn't list GMS pricing for the CTS yet.

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you Superior Cadillac. I hope you get much consumer interest in the new CTS for your pricing mind set.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
c5 rv - gmfamilyfirst has had the GMS pricing listed since the middle of July. I took the price list to my dealer when I ordered mine on July 23. Dealer didn't even have MSRP listing when I ordered.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I am discounting all the CTS models. I will honor all Employee and Supplier discount programs.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI
63 Posts
I picked up mine Wed night. Sticker is 47,840. Paid 43,790.

Someone would have to be insane to pay sticker, or above. In 4 months there will be more of these on the lot than you can shake a stick at. There are dealers all over discounting them.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
c5 rv - gmfamilyfirst has had the GMS pricing listed since the middle of July. I took the price list to my dealer when I ordered mine on July 23. Dealer didn't even have MSRP listing when I ordered.
Oops, you're right - on gmpricing.com

I always follow the gmfamilyfirst.com link to gmbuypower.com where there is no pricing yet.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
What exactly does that mean? I have 2500 on the old card, I can't get an extra 1000 to make it 3500 right?
I was kind of wondering the same thing..

You know what really pisses me off is that GM will give 1000 off to an owner of a non gm vehicle for buying one of their cars..

but me ?I"m a loyal GM customer and they want to charge me more than the guy who has a foreign car in the driveway... :lol:

I don't mean to bitch but my wife was looking at me as if I were nuts when the dealer told us they would give me an additional 1000 dollars if I had a non GM car in the driveway.

thats a crock a sh!t that even pissed my wife off about buying a new GM car....

What so I'm a loyal GM customer so GM is NOT giving a grand off?

Where is the sense in this? Really bad business choice by GM.

So whats the extra grand? the new GM card maximum.?

I keep telling my wife I'm flying out to detroit to buy a car from the forum dealer and she keeps freaking that its too far to travel for a car..

I'm like its an 11 hour drive back. I could do that in one day. Two at the outside.

None of the dealers around here want to do a courtesy delivery.

This whole shopping experience is really starting to piss me off. I will tell you the mercedes dealers are much nicer and I can order the car the way I want. And I"M PAYING CASH! fuc en idiots.

GM is in a lot of trouble with its dealer network too.. I heard a guy yesterday who made a deal for the new CTS and then when it came in..the dealer was trying to get another 125 dollars a month and the guy wouldn't budge.. Salesman, Sales manager and the guy wouldn't budge past the deal they agreed to a few weeks ago..

Eventually he got his original price but overhearing this nonsense my wife and I were like hell would freeze over before we bought a car from them..

The dealer sales manager wanted to know why I'm paying cash? I said to myself and to my wife afterward the reason is I don't deal with that bullsh!t payment crap that the dealers pull after the sale but at the pickup.

The dealer was smiling at us..nice as could be but after watching what the guy next to us went through.. I was like "never would I buy a car from these guys" And the guy was repeat customer.. WTF? :lol:

Pucks what cadillac dealer did you go to? I'm about 50 minutes from you.

Let me know

·
Registered
2003 SLS
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Cadillac line is a great product (way over priced though) but the its dealers networks has TOO many small franchises that need to be consolidated. It seems that today the product sells itself and this is why you have so MANY UNPROFESSIONAL and uncourteous dealers. All they do is move the product. That's it.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
Pucks what cadillac dealer did you go to? I'm about 50 minutes from you.

Let me know
Royal Cadillac in Florham Park, NJ. Ordered the car but not delivered yet. Great experience so far. PM me if you want further info.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
What exactly does that mean? I have 2500 on the old card, I can't get an extra 1000 to make it 3500 right?
You can only use $1000. I have $3000 on my GM Card, but I can only use $1000 with the current arrangement. Maybe after the first of the year they will bump it up to $2000, but you can never tell.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts