Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That is beautiful. I want one just to make my engine bay prettier. But I assume since I'm not tuned or anything installing this would not be good for the car and mess things up.
I didn’t retune mine right away. Gain 50hp. Computer adjusts, somewhat, but I would always get the car looked at or log it and see if all up and up. Also depends on what mods you have. After retune. We ended up taking timing out, car didn’t need it. Runs more efficient, lower cylinder temps, faster spool time, gained 80 hp. I posted logs on previous posts here.

·
Registered
ats
37 Posts
I didn’t retune mine right away. Computer adjusts, somewhat, but I would always get the car looked at or log it and see if all up and up. Also depends on what mods you have. We ended up taking timing out, car didn’t need it. Runs more efficient, lower cylinder temps, faster spool time, gained 80 hp. I posted logs on previous posts here.

·
Registered
ats
37 Posts
I see where that one post said 80 hp using that exhaust manifold, correct me if i.m wrong, that seems like a lot, I.ve be willing to part with a 1,000 dollars, if i had some accurate hp #, will not buy until i see a accurate #.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I see where that one post said 80 hp using that exhaust manifold, correct me if i.m wrong, that seems like a lot, I.ve be willing to part with a 1,000 dollars, if i had some accurate hp #, will not buy until i see a accurate #.
I will happily explain and save you time:
I have a big turbo set up and run a manual boost controller, as well as many other supporting mods. Numbers don’t lie. I posted logs. I only stated what my car made, results will vary, but I always advertise this as a reduced cylinder temps. You can look at the previous posts, website, podcasts and FB. Just people want to know how much hp. So why not share that part as well. As your typical Cliché statement above gives me a clear indication you don’t understand the dynamics involved. With out retune gained 50hp. With a retune we gained 80hp. I have the best tuner. I never advertised in the beginning about added HP. It was designed for reduced cylinder temps, and more exhaust flow. After 420 whp it difficult for the oem exhaust manifold for exhaust fumes to escape, thus causing manafolds scroll to crack. Heat and pressure are now more freely. Anytime you come out with something their always a few doubters, but if you go to my website and go on the forums, all top HP guys made their own exhaust manifolds. So why don’t you ask the them, the same question. Why they run an upgraded exhaust manifold? No one makes one for sale because the materials and hours to make it, are extremely expensive. I wanted to reduce cylinder temps the opposite way. I done much research for over 3 years. I wanted prevent more engines being lost.
Yes you can run meth, but only 50% are sold on that. Because people are afraid they will fail, which is only true if you tune for meth. If you just install meth and not tune for it, you will safely reduce cylinder temps, clean your valves and gain 5/8 hp. If you tune for it you gain 40/50 hp. If the system fails then you can lose an engine.

I got this idea by watching a amazing video of underwater welding. They had a chapter on thermal transfer. It went into when you place two different types of metals together, how one can cause over heating. by changing the metal it changes the temps. What was piping containing. Some examples was natural gases, and oil off oil rig’s. By applying same dynamics to cylinder exhaust fumes, gains can be made. By simply changing metal at which the exit point out of the engine, will never get an opportunity to get as hot , as did before. Our platform cast iron exhaust manifold was designed great for our set up. Running 275 hp but when you double the hp numbers, that causes much heat. Temps hitting 1900 to over 2000 degrees. Their no monitoring system that came in the car for that. Its crucial to monitor these temps. Its number one reason for engine failure. Causes misfires, because the cylinder get so hot, it actually fires off when their no fuel in the cylinder. That leads to busted ring lands. The heat gets in between them and ignites. Thats why by changing the Metal on exhaust manifold, as well as, making it open scroll at the exhaust side, reduces exhaust cylinder temps, thus, increasing more flow, thus increasing hp.
When these engines came out they, they made as much hp, as some v 8’s and most v6’s on the market, while receiving great gas mileage.

·
Registered
ats
37 Posts
I will happily explain and save you time:
I have a big turbo set up and run a manual boost controller, as well as many other supporting mods. Numbers don’t lie. I posted logs. I only stated what my car made, results will vary, but I always advertise this as a reduced cylinder temps. You can look at the previous posts, website, podcasts and FB. Just people want to know how much hp. So why not share that part as well. As your typical Cliché statement above gives me a clear indication you don’t understand the dynamics involved. With out retune gained 50hp. With a retune we gained 80hp. I have the best tuner. I never advertised in the beginning about added HP. It was designed for reduced cylinder temps, and more exhaust flow. After 420 whp it difficult for the oem exhaust manifold for exhaust fumes to escape, thus causing manafolds scroll to crack. Heat and pressure are now more freely. Anytime you come out with something their always a few doubters, but if you go to my website and go on the forums, all top HP guys made their own exhaust manifolds. So why don’t you ask the them, the same question. Why they run an upgraded exhaust manifold? No one makes one for sale because the materials and hours to make it, are extremely expensive. I wanted to reduce cylinder temps the opposite way. I done much research for over 3 years. I wanted prevent more engines being lost.
Yes you can run meth, but only 50% are sold on that. Because people are afraid they will fail, which is only true if you tune for meth. If you just install meth and not tune for it, you will safely reduce cylinder temps, clean your valves and gain 5/8 hp. If you tune for it you gain 40/50 hp. If the system fails then you can lose an engine.

I got this idea by watching a amazing video of underwater welding. They had a chapter on thermal transfer. It went into when you place two different types of metals together, how one can cause over heating. by changing the metal it changes the temps. What was piping containing. Some examples was natural gases, and oil off oil rig’s. By applying same dynamics to cylinder exhaust fumes, gains can be made. By simply changing metal at which the exit point out of the engine, will never get an opportunity to get as hot , as did before. Our platform cast iron exhaust manifold was designed great for our set up. Running 275 hp but when you double the hp numbers, that causes much heat. Temps hitting 1900 to over 2000 degrees. Their no monitoring system that came in the car for that. Its crucial to monitor these temps. Its number one reason for engine failure. Causes misfires, because the cylinder get so hot, it actually fires off when their no fuel in the cylinder. That leads to busted ring lands. The heat gets in between them and ignites. Thats why by changing the Metal on exhaust manifold, as well as, making it open scroll at the exhaust side, reduces exhaust cylinder temps, thus, increasing more flow, thus increasing hp.
When these engines came out they, they made as much hp, as some v 8’s and most v6’s on the market, while receiving great gas mileage.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thank you for taking time to explain, sounds interesting, I'm not in that higher horse power class, so i guess I don't need one.
You don’t need to be in the higher hp class. Its for helping with reduced cylinder temps. If you don’t floor your car and beat on it sometimes then don’t get one. But if you do, then getting one would help prevent loosing an engine. If i was to do this all over again from day one, I would have made one. Their that important. Crazy how many engines gm has lost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts