Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
07 Cadillac escalade
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What grade gas is used in 05 ext with 6.0. I have hard its just 87 but when i look up the ss silverado which said to have same motor and same compression it requires premium fuel. So now im really confused and i hope i have not been hurting my truck by using 87 octane. Please help.

·
Registered
07 Cadillac escalade
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have an owners manual and i have been running 87 but i was wondering if that was hurting the truck. I am pretty computer savey but i have no idea how to search on here. i can find search but it searches all the website not just escalades and that is not worth it. when i can ask you guys and get some interaction with other escalade owners. That is of course the non grumpy ones.

·
Registered
07 Cadillac escalade
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went straight to the dealer and asked they said something with a 10 to 1 compression ratio requires 91 or above.

·
Registered
2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS
532 Posts
heres my two cents.
The diff in price between 87 and 89 is about 10cents here in PA. If you can find REAL gas (the kind with no 10% ETHANOL added) that makes a BIG difference. I have a friend who owns a gas station that offers both 87 and 89 in 100% real gas, AND 87 gas with 10% ethanol. He says that he does not carry 91 or 93 anymore because he cannot get it in real gas. He says that 89 REAL gas is the same as 91 with the ethanol in it.
99% of all stations now carry gas that has up to 10% ethanol in it. See the stickers on the pump saying so. There are two stations in my area that carry REAL gas, and I use only real gas 89 octane. I get up to 15% better gas mileage using the 89 real gas than 89 with ethanol.
Every mechanic I have every spoken to regarding real gas and gas with ethanol, evryone without exception said to use the real gas whenever possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts