Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’ve been putting in regular unleaded. I know it says that Cadillac recommends high test has anyone noticed any difference? I’m hearing about some pretty good mileage from other people my mileage stinks I’m getting around 18 miles to the gallon in the city I live in hot and sunny South Florida. Mostly stop and go driving
So I’ve been putting in regular unleaded. I know it says that Cadillac recommends high test has anyone noticed any difference? I’m hearing about some pretty good mileage from other people my mileage stinks I’m getting around 18 miles to the gallon in the city I live in hot and sunny South Florida. Mostly stop and go driving
I have tried every gasoline but still get 17-18 miles per gallon. I reset the trip every time I fill for fuel and have tried everything to improve it. Nothing really changes it. I just hit 20,000 miles and the fuel economy just keeps getting worse. GMC has checked the vehicle, they state no issues. I wish I had not purchased this vehicle, it is costing me a fortune!!

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 70 Cougar conv, 2020 XT4
833 Posts
Re
I have tried every gasoline but still get 17-18 miles per gallon. GMC has checked the vehicle, they state no issues.
What model car are you driving? I ask because you mention GMC and this is the Cadillac XT4 forum. If you are getting a consistent 17-18 mpg in an XT4, something is definitely wrong.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
569 Posts
I have tried every gasoline but still get 17-18 miles per gallon. I reset the trip every time I fill for fuel and have tried everything to improve it. Nothing really changes it. I just hit 20,000 miles and the fuel economy just keeps getting worse. GMC has checked the vehicle, they state no issues. I wish I had not purchased this vehicle, it is costing me a fortune!!
I’m surprised just how bad it is compared to my wife’s XT5. 19 and 20 around town on 5 where I get 17 on the 4 26 is best on highway at 80 compared to 29 with the 5.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4, 2013 ATS4 Perf, 2019 XT4 AWD Prem. Lux.
3 Posts
5000 miles and average over 25 mpg using 91 octane.
Every third tank is 94 octane.
Goofed and put regular in once, never again. It ran like crap.
I spent good money for this vehicle, why cheap out on the gas to drive it

41 - 44 of 44 Posts