Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
None anymore
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my CTS with the premium luxury and there is no subwoofer in the back shelf, all that is there is a passive radiator. I test drove and looked in the trunk of a car without the premium luxury but it had the performance collection and LL2 with the $1000 upgraded 5.1 radio system and it had a subwoofer back there because when I looked in the trunk I saw the wires connecting to the sub. In my car there isn't. Could this just be a mistake or did GM not pass all the correct info along? :(

·
Registered
None anymore
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, you can lock this thread up or delete it. I found out I was wrong after looking at about 5 different CTS' on the lot. It looks like GM has gone through a few different series/models of subs on that car in July and August as the July subs are different than early August subs and late August subs are yet again different again. Mine was a late August build so that's why I thought it wasn't there or the correct one. Plus i guess I just ended up listening to songs that just didn't have enough low frequency bass for the subs to kick. Earlier this morning I was messing around with it and felt it moving and pounding out bass. :cookoo:

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
I'd rather the thread lives one so that people share which ones of the audio options include subwoofer and which not. PDQ comes with UAV, but there're also U2R,U2S and the base system (which one is that?).

·
Registered
None anymore
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I saw at the dealership, every CTS has a sub. It just seems that GM has been randomly changing parts. U2S and UAV are the same systems speaker wise the only difference is the headunit. The base model is U2R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts