Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday i was meeting up and old friend whoes been away at college at the local wallmart. I sat for like 20 minutes got bored and decided to drive around route 8 while i waited. I went about a mile down the road and an Intergra complete with fart Cannon few by me then by a Prelude with full tint and VTEC printed on its trunk deck. Both me and the Prelude werent happy and quickly passed the Intergra up. We got to a 4 way light the Intergra went right the Prelude went to a gas station and i went straight and made the next left and pulled into a G.E. Went back the way i came through the G.E. and was behind traffic at the left side of the light i was just at. Low and behold the Prelude is trying to merge into the line of traffic and no one will let him in. So as i get up to him i let him in and decide to follow his left back up route 8 and see if he wants to play. I get up and give it a little then the Prelude STOMPS IT. I nail it too and by about 50 im caught up to him. At 65 hes getting an nice side peek at my ETC, and by 85 hes got nothing but a panaramic view of my bar tail light. I had fun with this kill especally cuz he obviously was in it for the fun too and knew what i wanted by lettin him in traffic. At the next light it was green so i blew through it while he got in the lane to go left.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
You made it a fair fight by giving him a rolling start!

There is very little power in a Prelude below 4500 rpms. With the exception of replacing the flywheel or pulleys there's just nothing down there.

They can install all kinds of "bolt-ons" and they STILL can't do much until they're wound up all the way. It was really frustrating

As a former Prelude owner, I can tell you that most of us realize that we're no match for a V8. All we're trying to do is get the most we can out of it. The H22A engine in the last Preludes is one of the most sought-after engines Honda has made. But it killed me to spend all that money for a 20hp increase.

We do have fun killing V6's all day. The Mustang owners were the worst. Sometimes I miss my little 'Lude. But I get over it.

Integra and Civic owners are a different story. They think they can take on the world.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he had a nice head start by me letting him infront of me and staying back so i could follow him through the light. i had to catch up to him all the same i was surpised in the higher rpms how he kept up, most 4 cyls never get a chance to see my side view cuz i blow by them so fast.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
How is it that you can get all these ricers trying to race, and the only "races" I get are Saturns and Camrys?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in fox chapel lol everybodys daddy and mommy buy them nice cars lol

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Is Fox Chapel a really rich sort of town?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a rich district let me put it to you this way we are the only area within like 50 miles that has a police corvette to keep up and bust all the kiddies racing daddys M5 or Benz

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
wow..I live in an area where kids parents buy them cars like Sunfires and Honda Accords and DSMs and stuff like that. Eagan is a nice town but it isnt a "NICE" town... The nicest cars you see around here are the occasional S Class or A8/ 7 Series. I have seen one Bentley Turbo R here once.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
People around here where I live drive those nice cars too, only they're drug dealers and the sort.

I~LUV~Caddys, I normally get someone trying race me in either a Corsica or a V6 'Stang and the like. That's why I don't really race anymore; just not worth the gas it takes to put 10 cars on their hoopties by 45 mph.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol i agree it ALMOST isnt worth it i juz love takin their prized possesions and shovin them up their drivers a**

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I raced a Camry the other day and backed off, 2 lanes merged into one and nobody was gaining ground. It must have been like a late '90s model with the V6. It was wet so when I went WOT, the tires spun.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
illumina said:
People around here where I live drive those nice cars too, only they're drug dealers and the sort.

I~LUV~Caddys, I normally get someone trying race me in either a Corsica or a V6 'Stang and the like. That's why I don't really race anymore; just not worth the gas it takes to put 10 cars on their hoopties by 45 mph.
What did I say about disrespecting Corsicas? :p

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
http://***********/pics/corsica/hoodscoops.JPG

Dis the Corsica de la Muerte w-3.1 and it will suck you into its awesomely massive scoops.

·
Registered
'91 Sedan DeVille Silhouette Special
439 Posts
I used to get all kinds of ricers trying to race me. Most of them learned their lesson. :(

Now I get 500+whp F-Bodies and Cobras trying to race me. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts