Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 escalade
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys do i have to power up my predator with ac power plug before downloading lastest software version?I plugged it into my usb comport cable with the proper drivers but no power up when plugged into computer?This is my first time trying this please help.Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
408 Posts
yea you need a power adapter to power up the unit.. usually it comes with the cable.. Did you get the USB to serial cable?

·
Registered
08 escalade
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and yes i have the proper cable the pw adaptor did not come with the predator

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
There is no different power cable, the power comes from the RS232 connector in your truck, you have to turn on the key to the run position and that will send power to the Predator, without turning the key to the run position the Predator will have no power. If not call them in the morning. :)

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
408 Posts
well if you have a laptop you can go to your truck.. my only problem with updating while connected to your vehicle seems like more than I want to chance... I would rather have the update done and ready before connecting to my vehicle.. I have heard of some guys having trouble with the predator bricking their ECU if not done correctly.

·
Registered
07 ESV
45 Posts
To update the predator from your desktop PC, you need an A/C to DC power supply (appropriate voltage and polarity) and an RS232 cable.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
To update the predator from your desktop PC, you need an A/C to DC power supply (appropriate voltage and polarity) and an RS232 cable.
Didn't read your were trying to update from a computer, thought you were updating your truck, yes you need a 12 volt power source, it's what I get trying to read an iphone in the snow. :)

·
Registered
2011 ESCALADE ESV
75 Posts
I've installed and removed my Diablo Predator probably 50 times in my F250 and I never had a problem. Plug the programmer directly to the truck and pay attention to the step by steps. Piece of cake. Takes about 2 to 3 minutes. The high performance 100 hp for my diesel was unbeliable ( turbo ). I could actually put it in drive and barely touch the throttle and tell you it had the program installed. MPH went from 13 to 18. Problem is it cost 5K to have the motor repaired after about 30k miles. Don't expect any such performances out of your Caddy. I'm sure GM can plug into your truck and see if you had a programmer installed. This will void the warrenty. I wouold love to install a programmer in my ESV but I'm not taking the chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts