Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
None
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stated in another thread, my wife and I are looking at the XT6. She prefers Cadillac over the Infiniti we have. We can't afford a brand new one, so we're looked at pre-owned ones. In looking for the last 5-6 weeks, it seems like the pre-owned ones just aren't moving. I've been watching one where the dealer has lowered the price twice during that time. Are people hesitant because of the some of the issues with Cadillac vehicles, finding better value in another make, or something else? I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts.

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,677 Posts
I sit here amazed. You said a "...dealer has lowered the price..."! That just doesn't happen, lol.

· Registered
20,677 Posts
I'm definitely not questioning you. I'm questioning them!

· Registered
None
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't interpret it that way.

From the sales manager:
It was used as a manager's demo for a good 6 months or so. It has also been used as a loaner car a couple of times when we didn't have any Courtesy cars to give to our Service customers when their cars were in for service work. To the best of my knowledge there isnt anything cosmetically wrong with the vehicle. It was a GM Company car before we got it. We purchased the car during the Pandemic largely because we didn't have any new ones to show or sell. It also is on the Higher end of the Premium luxury series as it is a Platinum and there were a lot of people not wanting to spend $60,000 + on a used car. As you can probably see, we have discounted this car pretty heavily as it is time for us to freshen up our inventory.

· Registered
20,677 Posts
So, are you going to buy it? I purchased a CPO Cadillac once and more recently a CPO Audi A7. No regrets.

· Registered
None
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, are you going to buy it? I purchased a CPO Cadillac once and more recently a CPO Audi A7. No regrets.
We don't know yet. It's about 4 hours from us. We're going to be in that area this weekend. We'll at least stop and look at it. The sales manager made it clear they're only open a few hours on Sunday and have a limited staff. Not exactly a great sales pitch.

· Registered
None
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They have it just over $48k at just under 40k miles. We stopped and looked at it on Sunday. Only a couple of tiny rock chips on the bumper and a few blemishes on the back of one of the front seats. Other than those, it looked good and drove good.

· Registered
96 FWB
4,583 Posts
I was replying to your OP when you just replied, and was just going to offer your being in the privileged position of, "I don't have to buy a car this week or else" + apparently plenty of stock to select from = quite the leverage with that dealer. And/ Or others.
So,was the $48k/40k miles enough to snag it? More important, if you caught your SO beaming even slightly then little else matters.
I'll resist posting the Caddyshack meme, "Well, We're Waiting ?!?!

· Registered
None
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're passing on the vehicle. They actually offered us more for ours than I thought they would. Interest rates are just too high and makes the payment almost $200/month more than what we have now. Neither of us have that itch to get one. We'll get one at some point, just not now.

· Registered
9 Posts
We just bought our Black 2022 XT6 Sport last month. Got it for $7,000 under Total MSRP. Supplier Discount is $5,000, which anyone can get if you just tell them you work for a supplier on the list. Plus a $1,500 dealer weekly special and then a $500 special from Cadillac along with 2.9% financing from Cadillac for 72 months. Killed it. We can sell it today for a good profit.

· Registered
'21 XT5 Prem-Lux w/ Platinum
1,655 Posts
We just bought our Black 2022 XT6 Sport last month. Got it for $7,000 under Total MSRP. Supplier Discount is $5,000, which anyone can get if you just tell them you work for a supplier on the list. Plus a $1,500 dealer weekly special and then a $500 special from Cadillac along with 2.9% financing from Cadillac for 72 months. Killed it. We can sell it today for a good profit.
Usually you need to provide proof you work for a company on the list (at least in Canada). The dealers I bought from required it all 3 times I took advantage of the Preferred Supplier Discount.

Max

· Registered
9 Posts
Usually you need to provide proof you work for a company on the list (at least in Canada). The dealers I bought from required it all 3 times I took advantage of the Preferred Supplier Discount.

Max
Yup, it says right in the rules they must ask for a company ID or pay stubs. Three dealers we went to didn’t care. They didn’t ask for anything. They just need the code, then you fill out the short form to get the authorization number. Done.
You can also get the discount from any friend who works for a supplier if you are buying a new car within, I think, 12 months of when they bought a new car.
Big discount.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Yup, it says right in the rules they must ask for a company ID or pay stubs. Three dealers we went to didn’t care. They didn’t ask for anything. They just need the code, then you fill out the short form to get the authorization number. Done.
You can also get the discount from any friend who works for a supplier if you are buying a new car within, I think, 12 months of when they bought a new car.
Big discount.
Interesting. Not in Canada. Must be immediate family member who lives at same house only in order to share. No friends or outside household family. Max 2 purchases within 12 months. Must keep vehicle minimum 6 months before giving or selling.

Max

· Registered
1,655 Posts
No, not fixed. It's a discount off MSRP that results in price at one or two percent above dealer invoice. Plus it limits the paperwork fees they charge. So the dollar value varies from vehicle to vehicle.

Max

1 - 20 of 29 Posts