Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 CTS; No Gas Flapper Door - am new to Cadillac & just purchased an 07 CTS. Can someone tell me why there is no flapper door on the gasoline filler neck like there is on other cars I've owned ? It's just a straight thru hole for the nozzle on the gas pump. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Re: Pre-owned 07 purchaser

welcome to the forum and the Caddy family...

i am not sure why there is no gas flap...i also have a 83 Fleetwood and it doesnt have one either, and I am in the process of buying a 91 Deville and that does not have one either...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,822 Posts
Are you guys talking about a piece of metal that is directly in the opening? That is when you take off the gas cap, the flapper is right there?

Well if that is what you are talking about, then both my 04 Grand Am and 06 CTS has it. Just went out there and checked.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to clarify...the "flapper door" I'm refering to is usually on a hinge and swings in when the fill nozzle is inserted into the hole for refueling. It covers the hole when the nozzle is removed. Thank you.

·
Registered
CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is apparently normal as I just learned the fuel filler “Flapper” was eliminated on a number of 2006 Buicks, Chevrolets, Cadillac CTS, STS and XLR, GMCs, Hummers and Pontiacs. The fuel filler pipe was redesigned. Looks like the new pipe eliminated the need for the flapper which acted as an electrostatic ground for the pump nozzle during refueling. Thanks to all for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts