Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to baseline dyno the V. She has 25K on her. I haven't found the dyno place yet. I am looking in south florida(if anyone knows a spot). Are there any good things to know before I go? Are there any things the shop should have that I should keep my eye open for(besides a dyno)? Any questions I should ask the operator to see if he/she is a jackass? What kind of prices should I expect? I have zero experience with dynometers but am ready to start modding for the track. I think a baseline is a good thing to do. I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
theres a bunch of places. Your best bet, espeically if your getting a tune at the same time is to holler at jeremy formato. But if you just want a dyno...where are you located exactly, and Ill find one closest to you. west palm (city place area), ft lauderdale, miami????

up here just for dyno its 75 for two runs, but every shop differs. Some charge by the hour. A baseline is a good thing to do to establish where you started, and what increases your seeing with "x" mod vs "y" mod. Probably should take the t/c and stability system off. but not sure. a/c off. I would even turn it up to 90/90 on both sides and then turn it off.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres a bunch of places. Your best bet, espeically if your getting a tune at the same time is to holler at jeremy formato. But if you just want a dyno...where are you located exactly, and Ill find one closest to you. west palm (city place area), ft lauderdale, miami????

up here just for dyno its 75 for two runs, but every shop differs. Some charge by the hour. A baseline is a good thing to do to establish where you started, and what increases your seeing with "x" mod vs "y" mod. Probably should take the t/c and stability system off. but not sure. a/c off. I would even turn it up to 90/90 on both sides and then turn it off.
Thanks for the help. I am in the Keys. The more south the better. 75 bucks? Thats reasonable for 2 pulls. I am gonna baseline then do my first mods then come back again. So the closer to Keys the better. Is it true I want a shop familiar with the GM line? For example, I shouldn't go to an import shop to use their dyno or doesn't it matter?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
What up V-Love... Hey i am going to get my car tuned in like a week and a half when my headers come and the guy i am going to is in Pompano. If you want to come i will see if he can do you the same day... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
hey v-love let me know when you go. if on a weekend maybe ill go. if i get the time.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
we have a shop in lexington, ky and our dyno fees are about the same. Dyno baseline (3 pulls is $75), $20 more for a/f readout.
If they ask "whats it supposed to make?" just say i dunno. If your expecting a certain hp/tq number for your car, they can err the "correction factor" so you get the numbers your looking for on the graph.

Any competent shop, import or domestic, should be able to do a baseline on your car.
Just make sure all your fluids are topped up and you have your time cleared for it. Once you get a baseline ... let the modding begin!!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
In florida some of the best are: corvette doctors, cartek, breathless performance.

theres also a place on flager and okeechobee in west palm beach - my home town. Not sure of the name though. But they do have a dyno as well.

Fast Forward Motorworks
1151 East Avenue
Sarasota 34237
Tel No 941 906 8413

Lopez Racing
10732 Southwest 190 ST
Miami 33157
Tel No 305 255 1352

South Florida Performance
18728 SW 107 Ave
Miami 33157
Tel No 305 233 8520

·
Registered
820 Posts
theres also a place on flager and okeechobee in west palm beach - my home town. Not sure of the name though. But they do have a dyno as well.
Hey 04CTSVFLA are you talking about TPS on dixie?

·
Registered
820 Posts
csp3000 who in pompano?
Hey odla onebadcad gave me a guy that he recomended. He tunes cars on the weekend only. PM me if you want his info.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey v-love let me know when you go. if on a weekend maybe ill go. if i get the time.
I'll call the three shops listed by 04CTSVFLA tomorrow. I will also check into the corvette doctor. That sounds like the guy I need. Pompano is up there for me. So Miami is better. Once I get the spot, I will PM you ODLA. Lets set it up for a weekend so its doable for both of us.
Howz it CSP3000? Thanks for the info. I want all you Florida guys to know that registration NASAFL's Homestead event for Sept.1&2 is coming up. HPDE 1 fills up quick. If you haven't tracked yet, Homestead is premier. Its very fast, wide smooth track. You should try for a spot. I am not going to make a thread about it untill I am in for sure. Last time I got bumped. I'm sneaking it in here so mabey a few of you see it. I want to race modded V's.
Thanks for the tip Racing Technologies. I'd rather hear the truth. Respect points for everyone.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
How about Socal area? I found one place : http://superiorautomotive.com/superior-auto-services.htm

I spoke with them th other day and recommended a computer tune for $350.
I have no experience in this area. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks
A&A Corvette is one place that will tune Vs.
LAPD is another (they are under new ownership though)
I was recently informed of a place in Camarillo that is terrific in terms of tuning, but I haven't been there yet, so if this was a place you wanted to consider, let me know.

I don't know of anyone else, but I'm certain they are out there (in So Cal). :)

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
I am ready to baseline dyno the V. She has 25K on her. I haven't found the dyno place yet. I am looking in south florida(if anyone knows a spot). Are there any good things to know before I go? Are there any things the shop should have that I should keep my eye open for(besides a dyno)? Any questions I should ask the operator to see if he/she is a jackass? What kind of prices should I expect? I have zero experience with dynometers but am ready to start modding for the track. I think a baseline is a good thing to do. I'm not sure why.
from what ive heard from another thread the t/c must be off or the car will think its on ice, the post was made by Robertcts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts