Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make pipes or have any guides on cat removal?
Thinking about doing a delete or high flows... Not sure.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
Just google CTS high flow cat and you will get a ton of results. 60 for those Magnaflow cats seems like a good deal though.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.6L
21 Posts
They will not bolt right up. You will need to have some welding skills to adapt them in as our cats are on a funky angle with some pretty steep bends. I'm currently in the same boat as you with trying to find some replacement for mine. I think I may be just deleting mine or gutting them.

·
Registered
CTS
118 Posts
Just gut the stock ones - same result.

I haven't even looked but I'm guessing you'd just have to get a tuner to turn off the rear o2's if they're behind the cats.

That's what I did on my Silverado SS...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
49884 is a MagnaFlow direct fit catalytic converter for the driver's side. While 49885 is direct fit passenger side. So they are out there, it's a matter of finding them.

KOT

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.6L
21 Posts
Thanks for the info kingoftypos. Looks like you can get them at autozone...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/MagnaFlow-Direct-fit-catalytic-converter-49-state-legal-except-California/_/N-26h8?counter=1&filterByKeyWord=catalytic+converter&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=745899_0_0_

Unfortunately at a price of $212.99!

I think gutting might be the way to go for me anyway. There are a whole slew of Oxygen sensor simulators online that claim to eliminate the check engine light.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=oxygen+sensor+simulator&_sacat=0&LH_AvailTo=1&_odkw=oxygen+o2+sensor+simulator&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
kingof typos, are those part numbers that you listed for the 3.2L or the 3.6L?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,785 Posts
3.6, but all you have to do is to go to magnaflow.com to look them up. I assume that the 2.8 is the same as the 3.6, because everything else is for the most part.

KOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts