Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this will stay temperary and we'll get our own section soon, but this is where all us with old pre '82 cadillacs ask questions and such.

My first question is I was rebuilding my carb like two months ago, and I didn't finish, but I just went back yesterday and tried to finish because I finally got the part that I needed, and I can't remember how you set up the side that has the little bar that goes to the secondaries and opens the top of the secondaries. Can you post a picture or something so I can see how that assembly is set up. Thanks

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
The dashpot? No problem. I'll get the pic as soon as I get home from school tommorow.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Here they are. I took pictures of the dashpot with the secondaries locked out (idle, high vacuum) and unlocked (acceleration, off, low-no vacuum).

No Vacuum:

High Vacuum:

No Vacuum:

High Vacuum:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Believe it or not, for having absolutely NOTHING done to it for 35 years, except tuning and the occasional spritz of carb cleaner, it still runs like a champ. The only problem is leakdown. If it sits for a day, I have to crank it forever to refill the float bowl.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm sick of dealing with this crapa-jet, so it's getting a new carb. I'll probably put on an edelbrock or holley 750-850. As long as she runs I'm happy... Right now, I'm not happy. I'm putting on an electric fuel pump too... It's in my backseat, I just have to wire it up and find a place to bolt it on.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Now that my Fleetwood's running well again (I think.. the soot and water have disappeared) I may trade it for the 75 Sedan DeVille that my grandmother has now. I get my provisional liscese in just over 3 weeks, so I'm happy. Then I'll be able to get a job and maybe make enough money to get a couple performance mods for the ol' 500 like an Edelbrock performer intake, maybe 425 heads, and then maybe just maybe a nitrous system...:devillaug Imagine a 5200 pound car running in the 13s. :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts