Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone with headers has any trouble getting warranty work done, I mean all it is is a different size/style pipe....could Gm void your engines warranty simply based on the fact that the headers changed the back-pressure this changing how the motor was intended to be used? Thanks again for your help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
It depends on about five things:

1. Your attitude with the service advisor.
2. Your age and appearance (gray hair with a suit and tie will go further than baggy shorts on a 20-something (I'm working on more gray hair as we speak)).
3. The dealer's unwritten rules.
4. Is the regional GM service guy visiting that week?
5. The warranty repair itself (peeling NAV buttons aren't affected by headers)

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
:yeah:

It's all about the dealership and the service manager and how they deal with Mods to the car.
As per some good advice I was given, I actually went and sat down with the service manager at the dealership where my car's work gets done and asked about how they would deal with warranty items if I had headers added to the car. I can only suggest the same if you have a concern.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
It depends on about five things:

1. Your attitude with the service advisor.
2. Your age and appearance (gray hair with a suit and tie will go further than baggy shorts on a 20-something (I'm working on more gray hair as we speak)).
3. The dealer's unwritten rules.
4. Is the regional GM service guy visiting that week?
5. The warranty repair itself (peeling NAV buttons aren't affected by headers)
This needs to be a sticky.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
4 dealerships told me no before I found 2 that would honor the warranty. The second dealership I just happened to stumble upon after talking with a friend. Kooks told me about the 1st one. It's where they get their V work done.

BTW, it doesn't have to be just engine work. I was looking to change my diff bushings and the 4 dealerships all said no. The headers are putting too much power to the diff, that why the bushings are shot. The "good" dealers looked at the bushings and said they're shot and the diff is whining a little, we better change it and it's covered. They also said they love the work I've done to the car. One of the techs followed me out to the car when I picked it up after the repairs and kept raving about it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You mind telling what dealer treated you so well, please. Its either I drive all the way to Lindsay or up your way. Here in Scumadelphia we do not have any good dealers. Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
The dealer I will stick with is North Bay Cadillac in Great Neck, NY. The service guy is Greg. The actual service building is in Roslyn, NY. The other dealer is King O'Rourke Cadillac in Smithtown.

North Bay Cadillac:
SERVICE & PARTS
1900 Northern Blvd, Roslyn 11576
Service: 516-487-2222 • Parts: 516-487-2223

King O'Rourke Cadillac:
756 Smithtown Bypass, Smithtown, NY.
Tel: 631-724-4700

1 - 8 of 8 Posts