Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which powertrain and suspension do you have (2008 owned or on order)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's been a lot of discussion of which suspension to get, and a bit on engine, transmission, and RWD/AWD. But it's not clear how many people have each combo. Obvious solution...

Please only respond if you already have a 2008 CTS or have one on order. If you're thinking of buying one, please wait and respond after placing your order.

Auto reliability research -- need more 2008 CTSs!

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You guys are too quick for me - took a while to type up and verify the dozen valid choices!

For the record, the above two cars are not represented in the poll results. Because they're already posted, now they can't "vote"?

·
Registered
2008 CTS - Black, DI, AWD, FE2, 40 GB HD, Comfort/conv.
32 Posts
I'd also be curious to know what GM's full sales are of each type. I'm interested in this survey, though I suspect members here are at least a bit more likely to be enthusiast types than the average buyer, and more likely to get the DI engine and FE2 or FE 3 suspension than the average buyer.

Greg

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's absolutely no doubt you're correct. At dealers around me (Detroit) most cars seem to be base AWD FE1 with few options, sticker in mid 30s.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
I live in South hencw RWD. As I like performance I opted for DI. Then again this supposed to be a highway cruiser so FE2, auto. Oh, an all options....means fully loaded....$11k optins to be honest...

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I entered the car my father has ordered--DI Auto RWD FE2--and now can't see who selected what.

Correction: click on one of the underlined vote numbers, and you see a tabulation with each person listed.

I also see that the first people voted, so they're now in the counts.

·
Registered
Cadillac
146 Posts
The car I bought was already being built to be sent to my dealership when I bought it. I didn't even realize I could change the tire package. OH WELL. I still love the FEI. I just really wanted the smoothest ride possible, although I wish I would have had the nicer tires and adaptive lights. I have a question though, we're not crazy about the rims...where's the best place to get aftermarket rims??? We took a drive to the dealer yesterday and they said GM doesn't even make other rims for the 17" and showed us an aftermarket (American racer?? or something like that???) and they were incredibly expensive. Any ideas?

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tire Rack. See their ad in the sidebar here. You can even see how different rims will look on the car there.

Just to take a look:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS+3.6L+RWD&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=

To see a wheel on you car, click on a size then on the "view on vehicle" link.

Browsing through the other day, the 19" Rial Nogaro looked real classy on the car, but might be a bit large for what you're looking for. A number of BBS wheels also look good, but many are pricey.

But if you want to buy something there, be sure to come back here and click on the ad, to help support this forum.

Another option would be to buy some stock 18s from someone here or perhaps on eBay. People upgrading to larger wheels will be selling them.

·
Banned
Cadillac
50 Posts
3.6DI RWD FE2

You guys may think I'm nuts saying this, but my '04 seemed just as "peppy" as the '08. I'm not bitching as I really like the car, I guess it may be the additional weight the DI engine is having to deal with.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, definitely the extra mass.

Looking at the poll results so far, I knew that FE2 would be the most common, but not nearly to this extent.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
187 Posts
Traded in my Escalade. Definitely wanted AWD. Have a vacation house in the snowy high desert.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
... For the record, the above two cars are not represented in the poll results. Because they're already posted, now they can't "vote"?
Not true. Voting in a poll and posting in the thread are totally independent.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not true. Voting in a poll and posting in the thread are totally independent.
Yep, figured this out when they returned and voted. But no longer possible to go back and edit :(

Now if I could only the edit the typo in the question of the color poll... ("on on order" should read "or on order").

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Yep, figured this out when they returned and voted. But no longer possible to go back and edit :(

Now if I could only the edit the typo in the question of the color poll... ("on on order" should read "or on order").
Yeah, the period during which you can edit a post is very limited on this forum. I wish the open period was longer (or better yet, no limit at all).

·
Registered
Cadillac
55 Posts
on order 3.6 DI Auto Lux 2 FE3 and let me tell you, my hand is quivering Parkansonian in anticipation of the steering vibration..... :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts