Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power windows stopped working all of a sudden in my 2002 Deville. I opened the fuse pannel and the power window fuse was so hot that it burned my finger. Do you think it could be just the fuse, or something more serious?

Wheeler

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
I would think that you have another problem to make the fuse get hot. You could try lifting the drivers side control in the door and see if any one wire is hot also and narrow it down to which one is faulty. Window motors are fairly easy to change. Just getting the door panel off is the hard part. Changing the motor is a breeze. If that is your problem. Even changing the control panel is easy if you can find a cheap one on flea-bay.

I have found on two occaisions, a screw missing where the motor mounts to the gearbox on the window assy and easily fixed them by putting in screws. That could make it hot, but you should hear some clunkin around when using the windows. I have also seen where the factory put a screw into a wire harness causing strange problems and was very hard to find the problem.

Dan

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
Let the box cool down and pull the fuses to check them. If they are good then it could be your window motors but like stockup said if you have a hot box I would have it checked cause that should never be that hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts