Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Eldorado Biarritz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Am new to the site, and hope that someone can enlighten me with regard to a window issue.
I have a 1989 Eldorado Biarritz, with 46k miles. Just prior to removing the door panels in order to have my speaker amplifiers rebuilt, I noticed an intermittent, slight grinding noise from the passenger window that started when the window was within 5 inches or so of closing, and continued until closed.
After speaking to a mechanic, I lubricated all the various components, which did nothing to alleviate the problem. I then decided to push on the window from the outside, while the window was closing, and the noise stopped when I pushed inward from the front upper end of the window.
Foolishly, I thought the window track might be out of alignment, so I moved the front track into various positions. The noise is now worse, it occurs every time the window is closed, and the grinding noise occurs through the entire closing process. I think I have the track back where was originally, so I'm baffled as to why the noise is worse.
The noise appears to be coming from the motor area. Since the window goes up and down just fine, I don't want to replace the motor, if the issue is elsewhere. Any help will be most appreciated.
Thanks, Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts