Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I park my Eldo in the sun no a hot day my drivers window will not open. Does anyone else have this problem, any info would be greatly apreciated. Yesterday I almost smashed the window with my elbow trying to jar it loose.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Does it work OK when it is cold(er) outside..... Can you hear the motor trying to run??

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it sounds like something is expanding and restricting the movement of the window...... I cant really help you much, because I dont know what could cause this :confused:

·
Registered
586 Posts
my 95 did that a few weeks ago. the fix is simple. tkae the door pannel off. pullt he motor out. you will need to force it, it will pop. then put ti back in. it should work. it felt like it went too far up and bound up the motor.

but i also hear this a sure sign of the motor failing. but try it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i had motor replace recently and still have this problem when hot. I think it is the door swith having contact problems at hot and need to have it replace next. Other option is as stated on earlier post is a poor ground resulting in high resistance when hot. With my car I can easily pop door switch, window panel and shake connector. Each time this works to get window up. Switch should be about 45 new or real cheap at a junkyard

·
Registered
141 Posts
Before you go replacing anything be sure to spray a good contact cleaner on the contacts. You can get the cleaner at any electronic store. If it works peiodically the motor is fine; the contacts are usually the culprit.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Good idea..... And that would be a likely place for corrosion to take place..... All the moisture that gets inside the doors from rain, etc......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also replaced the window switch and it dit not fix the problem. I have been doing a little experiment , and I found that if I leave the window open just a pinch even on the hottest days it dosen't bind up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
RickTheRuler727