Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife as a 2001 Deville DTS, we just recently purchased this (1 week after factory warranty expired). We've had the car for about 6 months and in the last month have noticed that occasionally (2 or 3 times a month on a daily driver) that the power steering seems to be "missing". This occurs most frequently in tight low speed turning, out of a parking spot etc...

I *THINK* I hear a "pressure release" type of sound when this happens like from an air compressor but this has not been confirmed.

We took it to the local Caddy shop and they said "couldn't find anything, have to bring it back when it happens again" but they GUESSED that it was a bad steering gear that would cost about $1100 to replace.

I don't think they even looked at the car to be honest but thought I'd run it by the forum and see if anybody had any thoughts or experience with this type of problem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like me caddy.
every week or so I have to put powerstering fluid in the car it seems like it burning out no leak was found buy the dealer but they will tell you anything. I just need someone that's does good work...:bomb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts