Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 sdv and I got a check engine light code E40 so I checked my service manual and it says the pressure switch is located on the inlet PS hose put I dont see it. I have speed sensitive steering. My best guess is its located on the lower end of the car by the rack and pinon.. any suggestions

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
From a quick search here it is located on the rack. Some have had connection/wiring problems to it also so you might want to check it first.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
On my Allante it was screwed into the rack where the steering shaft clamps to the stub shaft for the steering column. Looked like an oil pressure switch. On mine, the connector was loose.

·
Registered
1991 devill
116 Posts
e 40 code could also mean that u blew the fuse if your car seems like your starting in second or something else is not working you need to change that. 15-20 cents to fix and easy just have to figure out witch fuse block it is in.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I'm check my fuses. .check the maxi as well. I also got a check engine light too from this code

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks 93 coupe Im get under it and look and post my results. And I checked all my accessories and they all work so idk if a fuse is out

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I jacked the car up and pulled the harness and the switch was hand lose so it could have been loose triggering a code but I'm kinda if its giving me a problem replace it .so I swapped it cleared the codes rechecked them and problem solved guys . Thanks you saved me a hour of labor at the shop.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts