1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Seville SLS 1999
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Seville SLS

Hello all,

My Seville's power steering pump started to grind a couple days ago, fluid reservoir was empty and I notice a leak that looks like coming from the pressure hose.

I bought the hose from the local autoparts store, but hose looks longer and with a little different shape.

Any one out there ever changed this hose?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Fabian

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
1999 Seville SLS.....I bought the hose from the local autoparts store, but hose looks longer and with a little different shape.

Any one out there ever changed this hose?
I have replaced the high pressure hose on my '98. I bought the OEM replacement part.

The fit is critical at the steering rack end. It would not be fun to have to do it twice just because the 'aftermarket' hose did not have the correct bends in the metal sections.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
In July of 2004, I paid something like $108.00.

Don't be concerned about the distance from Florida; UPS can find you. Five days maximum in the continental U.S.

·
Registered
Seville SLS 1999
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! I paid $ 35 for the duralast replacement part.

its also listed on autozone.com and advanceautoparts.com, but i guess it is the same non oem part.

thanks again

·
Registered
Seville SLS 1999
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

dummy at autozone gave me the wrong part.

just for the record, the correct part # is 91952 (PS Pressure Hose)

SLS 1999

Thanks JimD

·
Registered
873 Posts
In the event of a leak under the driver side of the engine bay, about in the middle, what is the likely cause? A hose? It's actually going back onto the transmission and then kinda onto the pan. What is over in that area? I can't see up in there to see any leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts