Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V8, 1998 Seville STS, 2006 STS-V Black Raven.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the pump. I've taken every thing off but I cannot take off the high pressure hose that attaches to the power steering pump.. it is driving me mad. the bolt will not loosen and i dont know if there is a certain special tool to pop off the line and buy the high pressure fitting. any body run into this?

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar RWD
511 Posts
Need a little bit more info. Do you have any pics? Alldata doesn't specify any special tools, not to say there isn't one. What does the fitting look like?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
You need a crow's foot wrench to remove the hose fitting from the pump. It just unscrews. I had to do some grinding on the wrench I bought to get it to fit.

The hose actually snaps into the fitting but it's a one shot deal and won't unsnap. You'll see what I mean after you get it out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Your right about aldata I have not been able to get any info off of there. the problem is with the 18 mm gm performance wrench i was using, started to round it off. My other question is since i have never done this is how to put the drive belt back on aldata is loose on that info as well I put the belt tensioner on but then cant get the belt on. Im trying to do this so i can take it to cadillac tomorrow and throw them my keys and tell them to fix it and im kinda bummed cause my ecm/pcm tune from madtuner comes tomorrow. which just cost me 650$.

----------

and which way does it unscrew? towards firewall or radiator?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I said forget it...I took my truck and trailer with a 5k rated winch put it on the trailer took it out to a guy named jeff croft who lives out in the holler who was a cadillac mechanic for 20 years dropped it off he took that sucker right out. Problem is the power steering pulley looked real bad so we trashed it. Do you know how hard it is to get a power steering pulley? Its a dealer only part, Called rippy he told me to just go with local dealer cause it is not an overnight part! went down to dealer in macon ga. huchinsons cadillac, sold it to me the same price chris was going to sell it to me for since they could not overnight it. Just got madtuners plug today so ill update on all that when we get the blackalac back...thanks for the help yall

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL now im told it's the rack and pinion, 560$ if you know the right people or 698+tax. should be in tomorrow hope this fixes it........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts