Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS. And when I turn the car on. I can drive down the road. And sometimes that might happen just once. Or might happen several times in a row. But my radio will cut itself off all the lights on my Dash will cut on. And I will not be able to roll up or down my windows. And then the AC will make a hard blowing sound. That's not normal. But it will not affect me being able to accelerate the gas or the headlights or any other. Part of my car But I did have to change my battery out yesterday. Because all the sudden my car died. And it had a bad battery. But I had O'Reilly's last month checked my car and they said I had a good battery a good alternator and a starter. So I'm trying to figure out where to start looking for this short or what might be making my car. Do this issue? And if it would have anything to do with making my battery go bad.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
876 Posts
Sometimes, You really cannot always tell if there's anything wrong with the battery until it goes out.

I have been told that on one battery, something inside shorted out, and was acting up when the plates made contact inside. I said "Whaaaaat?" The odometer started racing, the lights were flashing, the alternator stopped, and all the dashlights blinked in and out. Turned ignition key off, (engine already cut out) and coasted down the entire down span of the Goethals Bridge, down to a side safety zone. Restarted the car and drove home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts