Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed a power pak kit in their escalade? i heard this will add about 70hp! :devil:

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
sscruiser said:
has anyone installed a power pak kit in their escalade? i heard this will add about 70hp! :devil:

Who's "power pack kit" are you talking about? I have installed Corsa exhaust, Volant air intake and Preditor computer program, we have not been back to the dyno yet from stock but the truck performs MUCH better. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi jonas,
the kit is manufactured by dyno-proven powrpak in ny. unfortunately it's not a completely bolt-on system. it's comprised of new cold air int systems(looks like a volant system), a custom true dual exhaust system and a proprietery-programmed pcm. the int and exhaust can easily be installed, but the pcm has to be installed by the dealer because they have to re-configure the cranshaft settings. all these is suppose to add about 75 hp and save about 10% on mileage. i went to the dealer were i bought my suv, and he's selling the kit for about $2000 plus the labor for install and programing. the good part is it's also covered by our regular warranty.
they do have another kit, it's everything on the powr pak plus a cent charger, this will put out 500hp :devil: this kit will put you back by $5000 plus install.
i'm thinking of doing the basic kit and install the int filter and exhaust myself, then take it to the dealer for the pcm install and programing.
i'll keep you posted when i'm ready to install.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
sscruiser said:
hi jonas,
the kit is manufactured by dyno-proven powrpak in ny. unfortunately it's not a completely bolt-on system. it's comprised of new cold air int systems(looks like a volant system), a custom true dual exhaust system and a proprietery-programmed pcm. the int and exhaust can easily be installed, but the pcm has to be installed by the dealer because they have to re-configure the cranshaft settings. all these is suppose to add about 75 hp and save about 10% on mileage. i went to the dealer were i bought my suv, and he's selling the kit for about $2000 plus the labor for install and programing. the good part is it's also covered by our regular warranty.
they do have another kit, it's everything on the powr pak plus a cent charger, this will put out 500hp :devil: this kit will put you back by $5000 plus install.
i'm thinking of doing the basic kit and install the int filter and exhaust myself, then take it to the dealer for the pcm install and programing.
i'll keep you posted when i'm ready to install.

2000 plus install is high, you can get a Corsa exhaust system, Volant air intake and Preditor computer for around $1200 and install it yourself if you are handy with tools, I do not know if I gained 75 hp (have not been back on the dyno since these were installed, but SOTP performance is MUCH better than stock.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
hcvone