Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any power outlets that stay on with the ignition off ?

I went to charge my phone last night, and was surprised I couldn't. I tried all 3 outlets.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
My 2009 power outlets stay on regardless if the ignition is off. That is why I never leave anything plugged in. In the center console the USB port does turn off after the door is shut and comes back on for a bit when the door is opened.

12,778 Posts

I went to charge my phone last night, and was surprised I couldn't. I tried all 3 outlets.
Hello the blur,

I found the following information in the owner's manual for your CTS: (PG: 1-21:) "The power outlets are powered while the vehicle is in ON/RUN, START or ACC/ACCESSORY mode, or until the driver door is opened within 10 minutes of turning off the vehicle." I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to send me a PM if you have any questions in the future.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to say that is not helpful. I can't imagine why GM did that on the 2014's. I had a power outage at home, and figured I would charge my phone in the car over night. In fact, it's the only car I own that shuts off power to the outlets after the ignition is off, and I own many GM cars.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I think all years of the V2's are the same in this regard and readyact's is an anomaly.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
An accessory draw down prevention measure that is common in many cars nowadays. That said, the battery did go flat on me one time, overnight, in my 2nd year of ownership. The only odd thing I could find the following morning was the trunk lid was unlatched. No stuck Recaro buttons, etc. Has worked fine ever since. Must've been gamma rays...

·
Registered
NONE
779 Posts
An accessory draw down prevention measure that is common in many cars nowadays. That said, the battery did go flat on me one time, overnight, in my 2nd year of ownership. The only odd thing I could find the following morning was the trunk lid was unlatched. No stuck Recaro buttons, etc. Has worked fine ever since. Must've been gamma rays...
Same thing happened to me. My battery mysteriously died one night and I have nothing plugged in. It was bizarre. Hasn't happened since.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Interesting - the outlet in the cubby-hole above the gear shift, (manual), on my 2009 remains powered all the time. Maybe that was changed on later models, IDK ...

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't remember having this problem in my 2009. They must have changed it over the years.

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
458 Posts
My 2012 shuts down everything when the door is opened. The Escalade same thing... My 08 Impala SS anything can be charged at any time. Kinda like the ability of charging stuff at anytime.

·
Registered
2015 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Crystal White Polished Wheels Sunroof
146 Posts
I was looking for a outlet like that myself on my 15 coupe as I always leave a float charger on my cars if Iam away for more than 5 days.
I just hooked it up under the hood but when I get back home will wire a pigtail from the battery in the trunk.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have my phone connected to the USB port in the center console. It's connecting as a media device, so I'm not sure if it will charge with the engine off. We'll see in a few hours.

·
Registered
'13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6 MT Corsa Sports CAI
183 Posts
The vagon has a fourth outlet in the left rear side panel that is always hot. Love the vagon!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I confirmed, the USB port also turns off after a few minutes. This is a major failure on GM engineering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts