Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 deville
3 Posts
Hello all.

I have 2002 deville and when i put the car in drive all doors lock as they are suppose to. But when i put the car back into park all the door locks open except for the front passenger side. What can be causing this and how can it be fixed ?

Thank you...Joe

Hello all

I have a 2002 deville and when i put the car in the Drive position all the door locks lock. But when i put the car back into the Park position all the locks reopen except the front passenger door.

What can be causing this and how can it be fixed ?

Thanks Joe

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Wrong forum... This for RWD.
Did it just start doing it?
The door locks are an option and you may find an answer in owners manual.
Does the door unlock with switch?
Check for codes, maybe something relevant.

·
Registered
2002 deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rod and i realize now i posted to the wrong thread.

Sometimes it works others time not...I'll post to the other thread.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,392 Posts
Duplicate threads merged.

Go into the owner's manual and study the personalization section. If that doesn't work, use the car's built-in trouble code reader/scanner to see if there's an electrical or data problem.

Use the proper model/year section of the sticky thread "How to pull codes". In there there's also a link to definitions of all trouble codes - define your found codes and post it all here.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Does that door unlock with the remote and the power door lock buttons?

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
I have 2002 deville and when i put the car in drive all doors lock as they are suppose to. But when i put the car back into park all the door locks open except for the front passenger side. What can be causing this and how can it be fixed ?
Had a similar issue with my 2000, the front passenger side lock would go down OK... it would try to come up but wouldn't quite come up all the way to unlock the door using either the remote, unlock switch or park position open.

I replaced the door lock actuator and never had another issue. If you end up going this route keep in mind the lock actuator also gives position feedback to the DIC for the door open message so make sure it's adjusted correctly before you put the door back together. I learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
2002 deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Moist it does open with the remote and from the driver side controls

----------

Thanks 00 Deville. Will remember that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts