Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power driver seat and the power steering wheel will not function. The memory 1 and 2 and easy exit button also do nothing when pressed now. I was trying to re velcro the cover over the front of the bottom of the seat where the harnesses are, and thats when it all of a sudden quit working. Nothing seems to be unplugged. Is there a fuse for this? i checked the book and dont see anything that seems to pertain to it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
Don't know but it appears you have an electrical glitch somewhere as you had previous problems with the climate control not working. Sounds like a dealer visit to me. Electrical issues are the worst things to diagnose.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The climate controls working great now. I just bought the car yesterday so it was probably sitting for a while. I just find it odd how after fiddling with the stuff under the seat, the power seat now doesnt work nor does the steering wheel, or the memory button/easy exit button.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
. it does seem coincidental that you were in the area of the connectors when the feature failed. Before anything else I would disconnect and reconnect all of the connectors under the seat.
if that doesn't work try going into the DIC and click on restore factory settings. then clear out of the dic. then go back into the DIC and re-enable both the easy exit features. This worked on my car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts