Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado ETC
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife and I go to drive the Eldo tonight and for some strange reason the door lock is clicking away randomly, 20-40 times a minute, only lock mode, not unlock. Came back home and took the truck. Checked now for codes and there aren't any. I had a remote starter installed two weeks ago by a reputable guy if that makes any difference. Any idea what is wrong? I don't think I should drive it like that. Can I pull a fuse or something until I can get it into the shop next week?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
Yeah, find the appropriate fuse and pull it. Anytime wierd stuff like this happens after a remote starter is installed it is highly suspicious.

·
Registered
2002 Seville SLS, all black--261,000 miles
934 Posts
Just one door lock? How are your door locks configured? Lock on ignition ON? Or out-of-PARK? Does it do it only if you used the remote start? I never had one of those things. What do you do with your key and your ignition switch when you get in the car after starting it remotely??

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado ETC
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the doors lock and unlock when put in and out of gear. That still works. The remote will stll lock and unlock the doors. When I drive the car I can hear the ?solenoid clicking randomly and often. It must be clicking unlock only and the doors are already unlocked. I did have the battery disconnected yesterday to replace my steering wheel switches and when I hooked it back up I heard the door lock solenoid click several times. It was fine when driving it the rest of that day.

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado ETC
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news is I got the problem fixed. Bad news is I don't know exactly what I did.
A little background. Last month I was chasing down why my high beams wouldn't go on. Finally figured out that a pair of wires that go from the hi/low switch on the lower column to a big block connector of wires had a loose connection. I pushed on both wires where they went into the block and presto my hi/lo beams now switch. I had left the plastic panel off, the one just above the brake pedal, because I had an appointment to have a remote starter installed. Starter was installed 3 weeks ago. I just got around to puting that access panel back on Thursday am (4 days ago). I had to push on that big block connector of wires because it was sticking down and not allowing the cover to go up all the way. All was fine then yesterday the clickety click with the door locks started. Just now I pulled that access panel off again and for some reason my clickety click door lock noise has stopped. For now I think I'll leave that access panel off. I think I have an issue somewhere with that big block connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts