Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I run the power cable for my amp in a 96 Eldorado? Are there any pre drilled holes or is there a good spot to use?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yaemish said:
Where can I run the power cable for my amp in a 96 Eldorado? Are there any pre drilled holes or is there a good spot to use?
Sorry didn't see your post till today. To run the power cable rip up the carpet on the passenger side floor drill straight through the firewall pop up in the middle of the engine bay and feed the line straight up and around.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that from my previous car but when I looked at my Caddy, I saw that it is a little too tight of a fit. I don't want that cable hitting any belts. I know in my Buick ther was a small area that was marked for a hole to be drilled through, is this the same on the Cadillac? Someone said that there was a predrilled hole somewhere that something else was running through. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yaemish said:
I did that from my previous car but when I looked at my Caddy, I saw that it is a little too tight of a fit. I don't want that cable hitting any belts. I know in my Buick ther was a small area that was marked for a hole to be drilled through, is this the same on the Cadillac? Someone said that there was a predrilled hole somewhere that something else was running through. Any suggestions?
If you think that its going to be to tight then make sure when you run the wire that you make sure you secure it with tie wraps. I always recommend going through the firewall in the passenger side. Past experience has tought me that that is the easiest way to do it. You need to people for this job. Take off the front tire on the passenger side. With the car still jacked up crawl underneith and look for a spot to come out. Have someone on the inside and have them listen for you tapping where you want the hole to be. Once you are set with the position DRILL away. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
JJhomer83