Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

The guy who previously owned my Brougham ran the car through that wash with the antenna up and broke it off. I want to replace the antenna, but I dont see anyway to get at it. How do you replace these?
thanks,
Brandon.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
There are two bolts holding it in the top on the inside of the fender. I think they are 10mm bolts. those are easy! Here comes the fun part. You might wanna take the tire off to give you some room. remove whatever bolts you see for the plastic inner fender skirt (the rear part of it). There is a 10mm bolt holding the antena to a bracket between the wheelhouse and the fender. There isn't much room so you're only gonna get a wrench up there (sorry o ratchets). Have fun!!!
Its not hard at all just a bit of a pain...

Ed...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, so unscrew the two bolts on the inside of the fender then take off the wheel and tire. Then i have to unscrew all of the bolts holding the plastic inner wheel well to the fender near the rear of the fender. Then what? Do i just push the inner fender back as much as possible and take a light to see the antenna? How many more bolts are there? Is it just the one you were talking about? If there isn't much space, where do i pull the antenna out/put the antenna in from? I'll get to work and start exploring this myself by working on the car, i just wanted to know what i was in for.
Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool! that's the exact one i was planning on buying. "it was an oem part in a ac delco box". Thats what i like to hear.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
Let me know what happens...

Good luck...

Ed...

·
Registered
3 Posts
my antenna is bent from that same thing... It was getting stuck so I gently bent it back. Good thing I wont have to replace it yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts