Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 eldo,2011 cts-v
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does gm still make power antenna for a 97 eldorado? if so is it exact fit? dealer said that may need some modification.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
You may need to reuse the rubber (weatherstripping) around your existing antenna.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
I gone mine off ebay for my Deville, and I did need to reuse the rubber "grommet" that was on the old one that 'secures' the antenna when it goes through the hole in the body.

I think i also saw a post here on this site on how to rebuild the power antenna yourself, only after i bought a replacement.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
All mid to late '80 up into the mid '00 power antennas equipping GM vehicles are the same apart from the rubber grommet (witch is specific to the car's body shape). You may find that a Chevy power antenna is less than a Cadillac power antenna. It is essentially the same part just aimed to different buyers.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
All mid to late '80 up into the mid '00 power antennas equipping GM vehicles are the same apart from the rubber grommet (witch is specific to the car's body shape). You may find that a Chevy power antenna is less than a Cadillac power antenna. It is essentially the same part just aimed to different buyers.
The bracket that attaches it to the frame would also be different. My replacement unit bracket did not match but it just unbolts.

That is great info. I wish I had saved the other one and rebuild it as a spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts