Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Lux/Pearl
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone powder coated their stockers?? I have a white diamond CTS and basically was looking to see if anyone has done this, and if so what color??

Any recommendations? Is this something that will look good or just a waste of time. I've seen a few cars locally with power coating and I think it looks pretty sweet.

So my main concern is what color should I do?

My car is Diamond white w Tan interior :alchi:

**pictures are welcome...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
FlyFlip I think Painted his black to match his body color. He uses them in the winter.

I have a set of 17" OEM polished rims if someone wants a set to paint.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Bob's having a "Going Out of Business" sale. :alchi:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn,
That is some dark ass shit. Me Rikey!! I thought power coating was a rougher sandy look. Those look almost polished in the pics. Can you do it polished or unpolished??

I dont think black would look all that great on the diamond white.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
You can do a variety of colors, the finish depends on the color you choose. If I had to do it over again, I would go with more of a gun metal...darker than stock, but lighter than what I have now...

I have seen white diamond with black rims and gun metal and I think with Tint, it looks pretty sick....I also have the tinted fogs which I think everyone else has clear...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never even thought of an in between color like that. I wish someone had a picture of it. That does seem pretty sick and I do have an appointment for some tintage next week.

My tires are sooo smoked out and will be purchasing new ones soon, so maybe I'll have the wheels done at the same time, and have the weights on the wheels balanced from the backside so the fronts stay nice.

I purchased my car from a dealership which was an off-leased car and owned by a female (no offense ladies) but smacked the curb one too many times and that is what annoys me the most. The car is spotles and runs beautifully, I just want a decent pair of wheels and I figured powder coating would give it a different look and feel.......:alchi:

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
The wheels on my V are powdercoated... Factory colour tho lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If ya got pics, post em' up!

I like FlyFlip's suggestion of gun metal finish. I own a 30th Anniversary Trans Am (arctic white) w blue wheels which came stock from GM. I was thinking of doing a sister match with the caddy. (Blue powdercoated wheels)

Probably would make a great photo shoot but as a daily driver ppl might be like, wtf did that a-hole do to his caddy......LOL

:alchi: I am on my 2nd bottle of wine........**hiccup:alchi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts