Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pops bought out a powder coating biz. If anyone needs the service, contact me. I kind of view myself as a WW type, not really in the biz, just helping out forum members. If i have to become a vendor i'll deal with that when the time comes. For now if you have something that will fit in to a 5'x5' oven, i can powder coat it in any color available.

So far we've done valve covers and headers in high-temp
and a few odds and ends in other colors (not high-temp) and its going well.:D

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Nice! I don't really have anything that needs done right now, but it's nice to see someone helping out *************** members!

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the temp that you bake on the powder coat?? I have some scuba tanks that need to be painted, but over 350 degrees they are condemnded......
hmm...so far its been 400, but maybe there's a way around that. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Whats the temp that you bake on the powder coat?? I have some scuba tanks that need to be painted, but over 350 degrees they are condemnded......
I used to also do powder coating at one time and most oven cure temperatures are going to around 375 to 400 degrees depending on the single stage powder coat base.

One option for you with regard to your scuba tanks is to find a powder coater that has infrared heat lamps to cure the powder coating.

It's a longer cure process and somewhat similiar to the high intensity heat lamps used in down draft paint booths.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
My pops bought out a powder coating biz. If anyone needs the service, contact me. I kind of view myself as a WW type, not really in the biz, just helping out forum members. If i have to become a vendor i'll deal with that when the time comes. For now if you have something that will fit in to a 5'x5' oven, i can powder coat it in any color available.

So far we've done valve covers and headers in high-temp
and a few odds and ends in other colors (not high-temp) and its going well.:D
Make sure u let the V guys know, alot of them are powder coating their mesh grills, now is the best time to grab them too.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how long of a time would you need the parts for ?
Depending on the condition of the part (if i have to sand/bead blast or not) i can usually turn it around in a day or so. Shipping plus a couple of days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts