Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
None
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and am a potential buyer of a 2014 VSport Premium with about 7,000 miles. I've test driven the car (it's part of a private party purchase) and loved the way it handles. It's in great shape with some slight wheel rash that could be fixed so I'd say its in very good to excellent condition. The owner is looking to sell it at $50,000 but I've held pretty firm on paying no more than $44,500. First question is, is $44,500 a reasonable price to pay and how high is too high? MSRP is $70k but who pays sticker these days? My second question is whether its worth it to purchase a 2015 instead of a 2014? Any notable changes other than the emblem? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to joining the cts vsport club.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
I'd say $45k is a good price, given the low mileage and the fact that it's a private sale. For reference, there are still a fair number of zero (or near zero) mileage 2014 VSport Premium's on dealer lots. Typical asking price for these "new" 2014's is in the mid 50's, less if they have some "service loaner" mileage on them.

2014 vs 2015 is basically electronic upgrades... enhanced parking assist, wi-fi hotspot (with OnStar subscription, I think?), wireless phone charging, etc.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
550 Posts
I'd say pull the trigger on that 2014. The price difference for the 2015 wouldn't be worth it. There was only a few electronic upgrades that aren't too noticeable.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport sedan
64 Posts

·
Registered
None
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. The car still has close to 3 years factory warranty on it and the upgrades from 2014 to 2015 seem minimal in my opinion. My only concern is with the electronics within this car. Consumer Reports and other websites predict this car to be reliable over the long haul, but Caddy's track record leaves much to be desired in that department. Any comments on your experiences? I'm likely going to pull the trigger if I can get down to $44.. I feel like I'd be getting a steal.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport, 2016 Chevy SS M6
493 Posts
KBB is of little use on a car like this. Real prices are all over the map, so it's really a matter of what the seller is willing to take, but if you want the car I think its worth giving up a little ground. Agree that 2015 is not worth the extra cash it would take to get into one. It is remarkable how far the prices have dropped in 12 months. Not to get too political but I think we're living in a 'fake' recovery where people don't have confidence even though they have jobs and things appear to be going OK. In 2006 a car like this would probably be selling for a premium over list.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Thanks for the responses. The car still has close to 3 years factory warranty on it and the upgrades from 2014 to 2015 seem minimal in my opinion. My only concern is with the electronics within this car. Consumer Reports and other websites predict this car to be reliable over the long haul, but Caddy's track record leaves much to be desired in that department. Any comments on your experiences? I'm likely going to pull the trigger if I can get down to $44.. I feel like I'd be getting a steal.
Geez! I just bought one ('14 VSport Prem with 7k) for $51k! And I thought I got a good deal... I looked online for at least two months and this was the lowest I could find, at least, locally. I live in SoCal so things are more expensive here. I did notice a few cheaper ones in the high $40k's in the heart of America but transport costs would have equalled what I paid. So, if you pay $50k, you beat me and a lot of other people.

·
Registered
None
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally did pull the trigger and bought this car and couldn't be happier. I bought at $45k which I was ecstatic about. I ended up taking a long road trip with a friend cross country because we had the time. Definitely got tot know the car very well and after a somewhat steep learning curve with CUE, I've grown to like it. Thanks for all the feedback and I'm glad to join the community.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
550 Posts
Ninja818 said:
I finally did pull the trigger and bought this car and couldn't be happier. I bought at $45k which I was ecstatic about. I ended up taking a long road trip with a friend cross country because we had the time. Definitely got tot know the car very well and after a somewhat steep learning curve with CUE, I've grown to like it. Thanks for all the feedback and I'm glad to join the community.
Great job! Welcome! What's the interior/exterior color combo?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts