Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pics of your computer area that you browse the forum from.
What's your window to our world look like?

Here's mine (ignore the decor, the place is rented!):

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I dont have a photo of mine, but thats a ncie setup you have there!

Every desk ive ever used has faced a window, I cannot have a desk without a ditraction!

·
Banned
1,483 Posts

Ha, my Dell Dimension with my Diablo bobble-head and my handy copy of the CR buying guide for 2006:lildevil:

...and my really cool green/gold lamp:highfive:

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a really nice lamp!
I love those.

Cheers MC, it was initially just cobbled together to allow working from home in the event of a disaster (like the recent London bombings) but I plan on improving it (bigger screen, larger more stylish desk etc) as I'm now working from home at least 2 days a week as I get more done.
The window is just off to the right of the photo so I can look out when I take a break, not that there's any view worht looking at mind...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I have two windows in my office here, One look out towards the sea (I can see it if its a clear day, and if my hedges are trimmed) and the other onto the driveway so I can see who is coming.

Ben, cool lamp :cool2:

I also work from home, especially on weekends, and it has been known for me to go weeks without actually going to the office, my staff keep it ticking over.

My office is in the city centre, also, but i plan to move out of the centre and get bigger space, with possibly a nicer view and bigger blacony, elsewhere for the same amount that i paid for the space in 1994.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
I too have a window to my right. When I look to the right, first I see my pet rabbit, and out the window I see my baby-blue eldorado:cool:

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm lucky in that my staff are good, I can depend on them.
As long as there's at least 1 Director in there I feel happy to be at home although I can't go a whole week without wanting to head down there to keep my finger on the pulse.

I'm lucky in that I can't see my cars from where I sit or I'd get nothing done all day, it's bad enough having the Cadillac as the desktop background!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Yeah I'm lucky in that my staff are good, I can depend on them.
As long as there's at least 1 Director in there I feel happy to be at home although I can't go a whole week without wanting to head down there to keep my finger on the pulse.
I'm lucky in that I can't see my cars from where I sit or I'd get nothing done all day, it's bad enough having the Cadillac as the desktop background!
LOL

Yeah, the staff I have are very depedable.Although my PA is off sick long term right now, so I'm in alot more recently, I have been generous in that I'm closing the office for nearly two weeks over Christmas, and they like that, and stay loyal to me.

I run the place, but my technician is fully capable of keeping the place ticking over. It does kill me staying off for a long time, but my wife insists on it alot of the time, so i dont overdo it.

I can see four of my cars right now :lildevil: :bigroll: I havent put them into the arage yet!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
SilverCTS, thats a ncie setup too!

Ian, I remember when I used to have a cubicle like that, it was a LONG time ago!

The best atmospheres are in open offices, this is why mine are closed off, I'm such a slavedriver :devil:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
SilverCTS, thats a ncie setup too!
Ian, I remember when I used to have a cubicle like that, it was a LONG time ago!
The best atmospheres are in open offices, this is why mine are closed off, I'm such a slavedriver :devil:
lol... well it can turn into quite a ruckus here once in a while! Im usually by myself for the last couple of hours of my shift on the weekends though. Pretty peaceful space.

I was just about to log in and listen to some Bill O'Reilly streams as you can see :devil:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
LOL

Yeah, I remember mine, before computers were widely in office spaces, I just had a table, a chair, a plant and a drawing board.

They let me bring my own lamp and radio.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
I would love to include a picture of my office but I work in a secure facility and camera's are quite frowned on... :rant2:
Are they now

How suspicious :devil:

:p

And Ian has a quality car on his monitor there too ;) :bouncy:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts