Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac SRX 3.6 RWD
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I kind of noticed on this particular forum its missing a nice BIG first generation SRX picture post.

Decided I should try to start one please add your own pics to help with inspiration to others who might be working on theirs.

My pics coming this weekend after a bath :canttalk:

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,178 Posts
I've been thinking the same for awhile now, so I'm in. Keep in mind that photos have to be a max size of 1024 x 768 and 390 kb, and to use the 'advanced' option. But I can't get them to be larger like some others do in posts.
SRX LIGHTS LED nw lic plate s.jpg

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,012 Posts
04 SRX4 V8 196k miles, dark ming blue metallic

Finally got around to doing this. Pioneer AVH-4200nex.
Bypassed stock amp (ran speaker level wires to rear amp location, installed a pair of crossovers as well since the original amp had dedicated wires to run the front tweeters).
did not use a radio replacement harness.
Retained chimes / URPA beeps as well by adding a "chime" speaker to the stock amp's left front output.

Oh and there's that heated steering wheel too.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,012 Posts
Export version
Looks like on that last photo you have an extra hole in the rear bumper ... is that the propane fuel fill or is it a natural gas setup?
I see your profile also says "autogaz system" but I'm not sure what that is exactly.

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
297 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SRX 3.6
48 Posts
A cosmetic refresh. This car had the (very) early LY7 timing chain failure several years ago at 50,000 miles. Since we put the new engine in it, the headlights had yellowed badly and my wife picked up two no-note, no-clue parking lot hits -- in an attorney parking lot, no less. One pushed in the rear bumper skin and cracked the heck out of the paint, and one pushed in the front right fender sideways just behind the headlight. We got it back from the shop yesterday -- they were kind enough to install both new headlight modules while the front cover was off -- and I took the opportunity today to install the brand new E&G fine mesh grille. The stock size 18" Yokohamas had gotten pretty stiff, too, so a few weeks ago we installed Strada Gabbia 10-spoke 20" wheels -- the last set on the planet that fit, I'm told -- with new Michelins. Overall clearance inside is about the same... diameters are within .050, and protrusion outside is about an inch and a half more front and rear -- they fill the fenderwells perfectly. Pushing 85,000 miles now.

srx_101418_03.jpg

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,178 Posts
Nice! Since the tires are a bit on the outside, you might want to consider mud flaps so everything behind the wheels doesn't get beaten up.

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
297 Posts
Nice !

·
Registered
'04 SRX
10 Posts
The old photo correction software I used to use had a "lost highlights" feature. On occasion, the result would be much more interesting than the real shot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts