Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
12 Posts
I've just finished the installation of the Canards, sold by Renick Performance, based in CA. I've used a friend to help me design some graphics for the side of the car, but I'm still working on the design. In the meantime, let me know what you think of the canards, as installed on a daily driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 Tundra, '16 3GT (wife's)
591 Posts
I've just finished the installation of the Canards, sold by Renick Performance, based in CA. I've used a friend to help me design some graphics for the side of the car, but I'm still working on the design. In the meantime, let me know what you think of the canards, as installed on a daily driver.
View attachment 468498
Love it! Still somewhat subtle, even though the ATS-V could use a little more aesthetic aggression, IMO.

Love the black/red color combo & carbon fiber package too!

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
12 Posts
Thanks,
It's hard to believe that anyone could look at canards on the front of a daily driver and call them subtle, but I have to agree with you. They are radical, but with all of the rest of the Black/Red contrast, they seem to fit right in. Hmmm, too subtle? Just wait until I'm done with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
I've had the car for 1 week now and yesterday I had the windows tinted, the two hood vents wrapped gloss black to match the base spoilers (bought the car used and is fully loaded except for the carbon fiber package) and also got the two front fender markers tinted as well. Thought I would post a couple of pics now that I got it where I want it.

View attachment 463665
View attachment 463673
That thing is gorgeous! I mean really really gorgeous! White with black carbon fiber is the best color combo for ATS-V IMO! And nice house too!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2006 STS-V and a 2016 ATS-V
661 Posts

Every picture I've taken so far of my ATS-V has been from inside my damn garage. I finally pulled the it outside this afternoon to take to take some pictures w/ much better lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
526 Posts
I like the tire lettering (tyre if you're from Canada, eh). I've read there's a couple of companies out there that provide the supplies for this.

·
Registered
661 Posts
https://shop.tiregraficx.com/

I bought two sets to put two on each tire but I'm going to hold off for now. It just so happened that the Michelin lettering is / was on sale so I got two sets. It still ain't cheap and it's very labor intensive to get them on correctly.

This outfit I used can also make the Cadillac "V" emblem for 139$ (I think) for a set of four. They can actually color in the red, black and yellow on the "V" emblem if you want to pay extra................now wouldn't that be cool on your tire?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Couple more from July 2nd. Drove ~800 miles each way to do a track day at The Ridge Motorsports Park.

Car was incredible on the track. I haven't done a track day for about 5 years and it was my first time at The Ridge. Grip on the PSS were amazing. I caught a Ford GT and Lotus that were running R888s. Had the car in Sport 1, Active Rev Matching off.

Video:
Here's a 20 minute run going at it with a brand new Shelby GT350R. He's got more power and they come with Sport Cups; very surprised at how close we were.

Next post will have the GT40 and Lotus vid

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
515 Posts
Great run! You were hanging with that GT40. Great job Jon. Looks like alot of fun.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Running with a GT40 and Lotus
Very cool Jon..................1600 miles round trip for an HPDE is quite a trip!!

I only wish I could find the $$ and time to do the same.

Can I ask how hot your oil and H2O temps got during your hot laps?

Have you downloaded your copy of the Cosworth software for the PDR on your car so you can analyze your driving?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Not a fan of the tire stickers, too old I guess but Brut4l I really like all the mods and passion. Keep it up.
I can appreciate it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Back in the late 60's early 70's white lettering on tires was very popular. I'm not a big fan of the everything-black-on-my-car murdered out look that is very popular today. In fact I'm probably the only person east of the Mississippi that is not crazy about the everything black look on a car.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
526 Posts
The Ridge Motorsports Park is a great track. Though still new, there's some amenities investments still needing to be done, but it will get there. Great road course! We're blessed in the Puget Sound... the Ridge (which is out in Shelton - a ways out) and in a lot closer to Seattle/Tacoma is Pacific Raceways. Neither track is up to the standards of tracks I've been to in California, but hey, nice to have tracks, I'm not complaining! Thanks for sharing your footage Jon! The pics as well, especially coming through the 'mini' corkscrew!

·
Registered
2016 ATS V
295 Posts
That thing is gorgeous! I mean really really gorgeous! White with black carbon fiber is the best color combo for ATS-V IMO! And nice house too!
Thanks Ben. It's going in next week to get some work done to it to fix up some damage done on the passenger side during the original delivery to the dealership as well as a repair to the rear bumper from a 18 year old that ran into the back of me while I was stopped in traffic two weeks ago (she was messaging on her phone not paying attention and ran into the back of me...unfortunately this is the new norm it seems these days). While in the shop I am planning on getting some custom paint done to it (gloss black the hood vent and center white portion on the front bumper where the carbon fibre spoiler would normally wrap up into. Also, still contiplating whether I get the rims done gloss black at this time or to just leave them stock and purchase aftermarket black rims). Will pot an updated pic once it's all done.

BTW thanks for comment on the home, just over 3 yrs in Vancouver BC Canada now and truly loving it (prior to BC we lived just north of Toronto...don't miss the winters at all I must admit!). Nice to be able to drive a year round daily driver rear wheel drive car again with confidence!

81 - 100 of 383 Posts