Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3831 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance - 1969 Coupe DV (R.I.P.)
655 Posts
i just gotta say again, great looking caddies everyone. keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi - - VERY nice cars! Love the lowered Brougham! Everyone has a love affair with these cars! I'm taking my '79 for a ride through the melting snow again today. Yesterday when I was driving my Sedan deVille a car load of guys drove by me in a pimped out ivory 83 or 84 Coupe deville and they all turned their heads looking at my car and seconds later they just about rear ended a FEDEX truck because they couldn't stop looking at my pimp mobile! Classic! Dave

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Thanks for the words of praise. Actually surprised I'm not getting the "shoulda left the white walls and wheel covers" remarks. I love the rides I'm seeing here and I'm glad this thread was started. I like to see these cars customized in a non-bling bling or lowrider fashion although thats ok too, diversity is the name of the game. Most people think the 94-96 cars are the ones to modify because they share the same chassis as the Impala SS and have an LT1 but dont realize the older ones have the exact same chassis and are just as modifiable. I recently sold my W140 Mercedes and the Caddy is now the daily driver but I'm buying a new car soon so the Caddy will become more of a toy than daily transport. It will go through an extensive mechanical makeover with either a big inch small block or a big block Chevy. Anyway, you guys will see the progress from start to finish like you did when I swapped this motor in it. Once again, great thread and really cool cars, ALL of them.
I usually like whitewalls on these 80's caddys, but w/w's wouldnt go with your wheels,it looks great the way it is,nice and clean looking wheels,on this model the lack of wheel bling is very nice.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Lochenjons,your car looks very nice,but it's crying for some whitewalls.
i know! tell me about it! when my grandfather replaced the tires, somehow he didn't spring for whitewalls... the tires are in great shape, so i hate to get rid of them when they have a lot more miles on them. it's definately on my list of things to do. here's a pic of my caddy right now: i took the wire wheel covers off and im cleaning them up (they've never been clean in their life):

after cleaning:

before cleaning:

you can't really tell the difference but in person it looks 100% better. i broke my digital camera and had to take stills from the camcorder.

thats what my car looks like with no rims. say what you will, i actually think it looks pretty cool.

i just put some reflective strips on the back. i think they look pretty cool. haha don't even say anything about the sticker on the window. i know its a cadillac and not a chevy. im just showing my support for a local 4x4 club i'm in.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
How did you clean the wires? I'm searching for an easier way.

I love your car, I really do. But I think the reflectors clutter it up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
hey benzilla - thanks for the feedback on the reflectors... i went through hell just deciding wether or not to put them on and figured heck with it why not. i guess i can always take them off if i get sick of them. i took the wires off and filled a circular trash can lid full of cleaning solution and water and let them soak overnight. took most of the dirt buildup right off. i did some minor detailing with a toothbrush and that was it

·
Registered
86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB
922 Posts
thats what my car looks like with no rims. say what you will, i actually think it looks pretty cool.
I agree! I took my wire hubcaps off to clean them once, and just having the rims there makes the car look, i don't know, tougher. Like a rich guy who scuffed his wingtips in a fight.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
A friends 96 with a 6 Speed with 20’s .. my inspiration !Kenny
I'd love to see pics of that interior setup with the 6-speed!

D

·
0 Posts
I'd love to see pics of that interior setup with the 6-speed!
You dont remember that car?. It sold on ebay last year, as a matter of fact that pic of it was on ebay and the owner was on here trying to sell it. Real clean 6 speed swap.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
You dont remember that car?. It sold on ebay last year, as a matter of fact that pic of it was on ebay and the owner was on here trying to sell it. Real clean 6 speed swap.
I can vaguely remember Caddycruiser posting a pic of the interior.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Hey Ben do you have any pics of your Phaeton now that its polished? I'm curious how it looks now since you said you aren't going to bother painting it.
I was going to take some good ones today, but ran out of time. I'll probably get some nice ones by the lake this weekend. It's not perfect, I might still have it done in a few years, but it looks much sharper in person than before

lochenjons said:
hey benzilla - i took the wires off and filled a circular trash can lid full of cleaning solution and water and let them soak overnight. took most of the dirt buildup right off. i did some minor detailing with a toothbrush and that was it
That's brilliant. What kind of cleaner and what ratio to water did you use? I'm thinking about taking mine apart to get every last spec of dirt gone. But I might try your way.

41 - 60 of 3831 Posts